PDA

View Full Version : Me being paranoid about Frontier

whome?
05-13-2008, 03:37 PM
Why do you think Britax didn't say in the original Frontier manual that the seat was allowed to be installed using the long-belt path method? It makes me paranoid that they are just allowing it to be installed that way now because of all of these unanticipated complaints. It seems like they should have checked how well it installs in different vehicles in the design phase of this seat so there would not have been unanticipated problems.

Do you think they will recall the Frontiers to change them or modify how they manufacture the future ones? I really want to buy 2 of them but I hate to buy them and find out 3 months later they are manufacturing them differently.

Joolsplus2
05-13-2008, 03:53 PM
My understanding is that they tested them with the reverse belt path during the design phase, and then decided not to put it in the original manuals to prevent consumer confusion. As soon as they realized the short path doesn't work with a lot of cars, like, literally the first weekend they were on sale, they decided to allow the reverse belt path (which is common in EU models, and we've had a couple seats here that have allowed it over the years...I suspect it's actually probably just a tich safer than the short belt path, because the shoulderbelt acts something like a top tether to hold the seat back and prevent head excursion a little more).

:)