PDA

View Full Version : Need Boston Help!

bluestarfish18
05-13-2008, 06:11 PM
We're flying to Boston late this August and would like some adivce on where to stay.

We'd like to stay close to the touristy areas: aquarium, quincy marketplace, etc. But we also don't won't to spend over $100-125 a night. We don't care if it's a motel 6, but we also don't want to be having a slumber party with bedbugs!

We won't have a car, so places near T-stops are most helpful.

Any ideas?

vwh99
05-15-2008, 11:49 PM
You might want to check TripAdvisor for hotels. If you want to stay near those prime tourist spots but not spend more than $100-150, I think it will be tough, if not impossible. The last time I checked rooms in that area are almost twice that amount. It's just like any major city here in the NE. I'm not even sure if there's anything remotely like a Motel 6 or slightly better anywhere in the vicinity....mostly higher end chains like Westin, Hyatt or marriott.

If you are willing to stay further out near a T stop (you may even have to look into the Boston suburbs!), then maybe you can find something more in your price range. Boston really isn't that big and the T is very easy to navigate.

Good luck!
Val

sidmand
05-16-2008, 01:49 PM
I was going to say pretty much the same thing...I don't think you're going to find anything all that close to Boston in that price range. My ILs were *shocked* that they couldn't find anything close to the hospital (gave birth in Boston) that was even remotely in their price range to stay.

But if you're open to staying further out (like 45 minutes?) and travelling by MBTA or commuter rail, there are probably many more options.

bluestarfish18
05-16-2008, 02:31 PM
If we stay outside the city, where are some good suburbs? I would really like to stay somewhere safe and not more than 15 minutes away from the city by taking the T.

AddiesMom
05-16-2008, 08:56 PM
I used to do business with most of the hotels in Boston and the prices will be very high through the end of October. I am guessing $199-299 a night, and if the Yankees are in town, students are moving into colleges or anything else is going on it could be worse.

If you can get a car, you can stay in Waltham off of Rt 95. There is a Double Tree, Westin, Courtyard, Hilton Garden Inn. Easy to drive in (but parking in city is expensive and hard to drive around once you get in) and you can also drive a few miles south on 95 and pick up the T at the Riverside Green line station.

Anything like a Motel/Holiday Inn is out by the aiport on Rt 1A or off rt 95, not even close to the subway.

There is the Sheraton Braintree. Here is from their website:
Whether traveling for business or pleasure, you will enjoy the benefits of a city hotel without the cost and congestion. Our hotel is situated where three major interstates converge and just across the street from the South Shore Plaza – one of the largest malls in New England. Boston is an easy 10-mile drive, or even simpler for our overnight guests who can take our complimentary shuttle to the "T."
I am sure you can book a shuttle from the airport to there.

bluestarfish18
05-17-2008, 11:57 AM
yipee!!! thanks!