PDA

View Full Version : Radian vs old Britax Husky

dogmom
05-13-2008, 06:43 PM
Sorry, the problem with the second kid is that you get out of the loop with the new products. I have a Britax Galaxy for my near 2 year old's second seat which is set to age out in September and her Marathon a year after that. My 5 year old who is the size of a 6.5 yo is in a Britax Husky in my car and a Graco Booster in my DH car.

So, I was thinking of just moving my daughter up to a Britax Regent (which is the new version of the Husky, right?), but I saw that the Radiant is slightly cheaper and looks like the same kind of seat? I'm a little concerned that it might not fit in my Husband's Subaru Impreza WRX. (not as much room as my Outback, but I guess I could switch the Marathon to his car.) I also don't know if it's as Cushy as the Britax. I really like how comfortable the Britax seats are, never a complaint from the backseat.

My daughter is trending to the thin/tall side like her brother. I just put the slots for her Galaxy (which is basically a RA) in the top slot for her. So I don't think she will make it to 3rd birthday in that seat. If I'm missing any other good seat alternatives, let me know. (Everyone is FF now.)

Joolsplus2
05-13-2008, 07:41 PM
Graco Nautilus or Britax Frontier are the exciting new things...the Radian is about an inch shorter in the harness than those, and it doesn't become a booster, while the GN and BF DO become really nice boosters. Try searching around for threads on these, we've been yakking about them incessantly for a few weeks, lol, and when you come up with questions about them, ask :) (they are about the same, feature-wise, the Britax just tends to have that nice britax quality for the money, IMO).