PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Blurb in new Parents Mag

tnrnchick74
05-13-2008, 10:36 PM
Parents Magazine - June 2008

Pg 38

"New Car Seat Rule"
It's 5 times safer for your 1-year old to ride facing backwards than forward, a new study has found. The American Academy of Pediatrics' recommendation has been to keep a child in a rear-facing seat until she's at least 1 year and 20 lbs. But in light of this new research, experts now recommend that you keep your toddler's convertable car seat facing backwards until she reaches the seat's height and weight limits for the rear position (usually 36 inches and 30-35 lbs).

:yay::jammin::yay::jammin:

Joolsplus2
05-14-2008, 07:45 AM
:cheerleader1: :boogie: :bighand: :yay: :thumbsup: :thanks:

tnrnchick74
05-14-2008, 11:56 AM
:cheerleader1: :boogie: :bighand: :yay: :thumbsup: :thanks:

I thought you would enjoy "seeing" that in such a widespread publication!

hillview
05-14-2008, 01:32 PM
Gosh may have to clip that and take it to DS's pedi!!
/hillary

mrshalco
05-14-2008, 09:08 PM
Gosh may have to clip that and take it to DS's pedi!!
/hillary

Me too! He laughed at my SIL who had my peanut of a niece RF still at 2 by my recommendation! I did confront him about it later though - we have a nice relationship and have a few coworkers/friends in common. I told him that it was safer that way and that he shouldn't have told her to turn around until she was bigger!

Not sure it made any difference - but it felt better to me :D

niccig
05-15-2008, 02:11 PM
Yay!!!

Now I hope all the parents/family we know who think I'm cuckoo for have DS RF until 3yo, will see it, read it and think mmmmm, maybe she's not crazy after all....well, at least not about this...other things are a different matter.