PDA

View Full Version : Pregnant at Disney World?

CrazeyJaneyR
05-14-2008, 06:23 AM
So... Magic Kingdom, 22 weeks pregnant. What on earth will I do there? Any suggestions on what to avoid?

Neatfreak
05-14-2008, 07:43 AM
I always check www.allearsnet.com for things WDW. Here's what the site says for expectant moms: http://www.allearsnet.com/pl/pregnant.htm

I'm reading through it as I'll be about 22 weeks when I go to Hong Kong Disney in June ...

egoldber
05-14-2008, 09:06 AM
Anything you feel like doing except for coasters and spinning rides. :) Really, you can do the vast majority of attractions.

SnuggleBuggles
05-14-2008, 09:44 AM
I did DL last summer at 27w and had tons of fun. :) I could ride a lot more than I expected. When my boys were off riding roller coasters I hit the gift shops or shows for a/c or rides I knew ds1 wouldn't want to go on.

Beth

Meri
05-14-2008, 10:05 AM
Hi,

I'm 26 wks pregnant and just got back from Disney a few days ago. I also thought I'd be bored because I wouldn't be able to ride anything, but there were several rides that are preggo-friendly at Magic Kingdom: small world, peter pan, Philharmagic, jungle cruise, tiki birds, to name a few. It's getting hot down there so anytime you can try and cool off by going into the stores and doing some shopping is always fun. Also we went back to the hotel to rest in the afternoon. It's hard not to overdo it at Disney so just try and take it easy.

caheinz
05-16-2008, 01:07 PM
LOL!

We're doing almost a full week at WDW when I'll be 20wks along -- with twins! (Didn't know the twins part when we made the reservations!)

Fortunately, we splurged on a close hotel on the monorail (Polynesian), and we'll have a set of grandparents to keep me/DS company as needed as well.

Doc okayed it for me today, but that's going to be _it_ for my travel. Once we get home, I'm to stay within a 1h radius of the hospital for the rest of the pregnancy!

ilfaith
05-16-2008, 03:56 PM
I've been to WDW several times while pregnant (we live in Florida, so for us it's a spur-of-the-moment weekend trip), including a visit at 37 weeks (we speculated that the baby would get a free lifetime pass if born at the park).

At 22 weeks, you can do most of the Magic Kingdom rides. Since much of the park is geared to small children, many attractions are mild enough for expectant moms. I do suggest you drink plenty of water, and if you need to sit in air conditioning, the Hall of Presidents and Carousel of Progress are good places to rest (they are also excellent places to nurse...being quieter than the Philharmagic show, thus less distracting to baby).