PDA

View Full Version : Evenflo Triumph Advance?

lorinick
05-14-2008, 02:29 PM
I got an Evenflo Triumph Advance for DH car. I have a Britax BLVD. for my car. Butb didn't want to spend that much for his car due to DS only drives in DH car only about 10% of the time. We got that seat due to a higher weight limit, safety ratings, and price. We have not started to use it yet. I was reading reviews on Amazon that were very different from the ones I read on BRU. I have not used this seat yet. I was wondering what you guys think about this seat. Any feed back would be great.

Joolsplus2
05-14-2008, 02:34 PM
It's fine :). The only problem that it mainly might have is sometimes the knobs get crammed into the seatback, like in really curvy seats...so if it happens not to work in DH's car, try it in yours. Make sure the red harness tabs go ALL the way to the top of the slits in the fabric..some people's don't and I have a sneaking suspicion they are defective (they SHOULD go all the way to the top :))

stefani
05-14-2008, 02:39 PM
We have the Triumph Advance (and the old Triumph). It is in DH's car, but from what DH said, it is great. I like the infinite adjustment of the harness, and it feels plush (padded).

What other seats would you consider? We have the FPSVD (Fisher Price Safe Voyage Deluxe) in my car, and I like it too, but somehow I feel that the harness can be adjusted more tightly in the Triumph Advance than in the FPSVD.

HTH.

ETA: I just saw Julie's posting. OK, are you using it RF or FF? We are using it FF. For RF, I had trouble with the knobs of the old Triumph in my car (Toyota Camry) because of the curved seatbacks. MIL used it in her Honda Civic.

lorinick
05-14-2008, 02:43 PM
We have the Triumph Advance (and the old Triumph). It is in DH's car, but from what DH said, it is great. I like the infinite adjustment of the harness, and it feels plush (padded).

What other seats would you consider? We have the FPSVD (Fisher Price Safe Voyage Deluxe) in my car, and I like it too, but somehow I feel that the harness can be adjusted more tightly in the Triumph Advance than in the FPSVD.

HTH.

ETA: I just saw Julie's posting. OK, are you using it RF or FF? We are using it FF. For RF, I had trouble with the knobs of the old Triumph in my car (Toyota Camry) because of the curved seatbacks. MIL used it in her Honda Civic.
Have you ever washed the seat cover? I read that was impossiable.

Joolsplus2
05-14-2008, 02:47 PM
I wouldn't trust amazon reviews... check your manual for how to remove the cover for washing...the old triumph had screws on the back you had to remove, I thought the new one was supposed to be a breeze to wash (not the harness, though, it can't be removed at all).

lorinick
05-14-2008, 02:50 PM
I wouldn't trust amazon reviews... check your manual for how to remove the cover for washing...the old triumph had screws on the back you had to remove, I thought the new one was supposed to be a breeze to wash (not the harness, though, it can't be removed at all).

I heard about the harness and that isn't a big issue. I don't think! But if that is true about the new ones that would be great. I'm going to have to read through the manual.

stefani
05-14-2008, 04:47 PM
Have you ever washed the seat cover? I read that was impossiable.

I have washed the cover of the old Triumph, once or twice, and I didn't remember it being difficult to remove. I think I machine-washed it (on delicate / handwashable setting). The new one has not been washed.

Check your instruction manual for that to be sure.