PDA

View Full Version : JC Penney has great maternity basics!

ehmom
05-14-2008, 11:06 PM
i just wanted to post to say that i love my basic maternity clothes that i got from JC Penney. i ordered some solid polo shirts and v-neck tshirts and i have been very pleased with them. the washed up well (did NOT shrink despite being accidently dried on medium in our dryer). i think they were in the range of $6-$9 and i even found a coupon on retailmenot.com for an extra 20% off. they do not have that tight, thin, stretchy feel or look of the super-hip maternity clothes. they are basic nice weight cotton tops. i just wanted to post because i had been looking all over for nice quality basics to get me through the summer, and i am so happy to have finally found something

Melarina
05-15-2008, 11:24 AM
I totally agree! I wasted so much money last year on maternity clothes that were poor quality, only fit for a week or two, or fell apart. JCP maternity clothes got me through the summer. They are great!

trales
05-15-2008, 06:11 PM
The longsleeve T-shirts with the hint of lycra got me through my pregnancy and looked good at work with my black gap pants. I washed and dried over and over and they did not fade or shrink, unlike the Motherhood junk.

scoop22
05-15-2008, 07:34 PM
i have to give two thumbs :thumbsup: :thumbsup: up for jcpenny longsleeve t-shirts.. my mom bought me a few of these and i wore them so much. my jcpenny did not carry maternity.

LeggyNic
07-09-2008, 05:22 PM
I too have fallen for JCPenney maternity clothes. When Gap was out of my size in a long inseam for MONTHS I ordered 3 pairs of tall maternity pants from JCP and love them. I bought 3 pairs for the price of 1 Gap pair and they're longer than the Gap too.

I even ordered a long sleeved tee in talls on clearance for $5 for later in my pregnancy and the sleeve length is great! I'm a convert.

s7714
07-09-2008, 06:06 PM
I agree. I had a number of pieces from there that lasted through two pregnancies and still looked good enough to be passed on for someone else to wear.

amldaley
07-09-2008, 06:19 PM
Hear, Hear! I live 45 minutes away from a TINY Motherhood Maternity and was relegated to Target, Wal-Mart and Sears before I discovered Pennys maternity section.

I particulary like their "Duo" brand - tee shirts and knit pants wash up extremely well. The a.n.a. line has some cute stuff, but is a little thinner and does not wash as well.

AND JC Penny's website has TONS more maternity stuff than the stores - so once you know your sizes, shop with confidence. You can have stuff shipped to a Pennys store for a lower shipping charge and return stuff to the store if you don't like it.

They also have an extensive selection of nursing bras and maternity panties etc on their site.

Can you tell I am a JC Penny fan?????????

azariah99
07-16-2008, 01:00 PM
I think I'm the exception rather than the rule, but I haven't found their clothes to be good quality. The elastic in the waste band of the demi-pants (many styles) keeps moving around on me.