PDA

View Full Version : There was a time not too long ago...

Wife_and_mommy
05-15-2008, 08:10 AM
that men were *men*. They provided. They protected. They were committed to their families. Parenting is a thankless job but it was done selflessly.

I feel ready to hurl. I know quite a few families being torn apart by choices. Choices that any *real* man would not think of making. Do they not care a crap about their innocent children being scarred for life? Afraid everyone they love will abandon them? That no one will love them?

My heart aches. It aches mercilessly when I think about all the innocent victims in these families.

tnrnchick74
05-15-2008, 10:29 AM
Have you met my "BF" aka FOB?? I would LOVE to meet a real man. I just seem to only meet losers and emotionally stunted males.

kijip
05-15-2008, 10:57 AM
It seems to me that their have always been families' whose father's were absent (my own mother's father, my grandmother's father). Or fathers who were home but a rotten example for their kids (like my FIL and his father both). I totally agree that it is painful to see families suffering. Still, I am glad that women no longer need to stay with abusers or drunks for appearances sake.

It is hard to families see dealing with the loss of a parent regardless of how it happens (that is about 85% of the families my organization serves). So your post rang true for me.