PDA

View Full Version : For fun -- what car seats do you own and how many kids do you have?

hillview
05-15-2008, 08:56 AM
I have 2 DSs.
- Snugride
- Safeseat
- BV
- Scenera
- Frontier
- Radian 80

How did this happen??
/hillary

pastrygirl
05-15-2008, 09:40 AM
I have one son and have:
1 Companion, 2 bases
2 Marathons

I want more seats, though!! I want a Keyfit, Safe Seat, EFTA, and Nautilus. Just to play with them! :p

tnrnchick74
05-15-2008, 09:47 AM
Ok, I feel VERY "underseated" :love-retry:

I haven't given birth YET (ANY DAY NOW)
DS will be in a Safeseat for as long as possible...

then I don't know - probably a Britax...

bubbaray
05-15-2008, 09:53 AM
Graco SnugRide -- grey faux Burberry plaid
Britax MA -- new blues denim
Britax MA -- Granite? Some grey check
RN 65 -- grey
RN 65 - grey
Graco ComfortSport -- Lightbrite
Graco ComfortSport -- Longwood
Evenflo Vision -- blue/blue check

ETA: 2 DDs. Three vehicles (mine, DH's -- each have a FFg RN for DD#1 and a RFg MA for DD#2 and their daycare seats -- FFg Vision for DD#1 and RFg ComfortSport Longwood for DD#2). The Lightbrite ComfortSport we have "donated" do the girls daycare. Even though its crappy, its better than the seats they had. SnugRide is up for sale on Craigslist, thinking of giving it to a shelter.

WatchingThemGrow
05-15-2008, 09:54 AM
Snugride in Lotus
Marathon in Sanddollar
Marathon in Crocodile
(and an extra Crocodile cover for well, you know...)

2 DC

I keep telling DH we could use another for his car. Maybe this thread will prove it!

clc053103
05-15-2008, 10:01 AM
1 ds=
1 snugride with two bases
2 scenera
1 MA
1 radian 65
1 apex 65

And a partridge in a pear tree...

o_mom
05-15-2008, 10:23 AM
3 DCs:

Safeseat - Legacy
2 Radian 65s - one Champagne, one naked, waiting for another Champagne from a trade
Decathlon - Tribecca, w/spare Cappuccino cover
Marathon - Arcadia Grass
Roundabout - Cowmoo, w/ spare covers in Denim and plaid
Cosco Scenera - old Target blue
2 Parkways - Granite
FP Safe Voyage Booster - Tan Tech

ETA: The boosters are rarely used with guests and mainly waiting for DS1 to be big enough to use them part-time. The Scenera is rarely used now and one Radian is waiting for carpool in the fall. That leaves 5 seats in regular use, 3 in my van, two in DH's car. Past seats I had were the SnugRide and the ComfortSport.

Neatfreak
05-15-2008, 10:58 AM
Maybe my one kiddo is deprived LOL!

- Graco SnugRide (pattern must be called Navy Dots or something like that)
- Britax Marathon in Microdot Tan

Joolsplus2
05-15-2008, 11:23 AM
Oooooh boy...

Well...starting from top to bottom:
2 Evenflo Sightseer boosters (I think they are expired, but one's barbie and one's hotwheels and I HAD to have a barbie seat for dd when she was three and I *swear* she's the one who inspired the idea when I mentioned it on another board and an Evenflo marketer was lurking).
1 Parkway in Woodstock waiting for Leah to need it as a spare right before it expires.
1 Prorider down at the neighbors (backless booster, very basic) for dd1
1 Starriser Comfy at a tech friend's for her niece
2 Clek Olli booster
1 Clek Oto booster (canadian, i'm breakin' the law!)
2 Evenflo Right Fit boosters (the old brown and green ones that have been given away free for ever, they are great for buckling three across and don't expire!)
1 Strolee High Ride booster (again, narrow, light, easy to buckle)
2 Recaro Start Boosters
1 Britax Roundabout
1 Sunshine Kids Radian 65
1 Cosco Scenera

16 for three kids in two cars... :ROTFLMAO:
Really though, if you took a snapshot? I have the Radian in my van RF, next to a Clek for when I have one kid in the car, with the Starts in the third row. And in Daddy's car there's the Roundabout FF in the middle with 2 Cleks on the side of it. So 'only' 7 seats get used regularly :love-retry:

Piglet
05-15-2008, 11:28 AM
Okay, Julie wins ;)

Mine are -

3 kids -
1 Safeseat (replaced 1 expired Snugride)
1 MA in Cowmooflage
1 Fisher Price Safe Embrace
1 Scenera
1 Evenflo Visions/Chase/etc.
1 Parkway
1 Turbobooster
1 Fisher Price Grow With Me
1 Evenflo Big Kid LB booster
and 1 Radian in Princess Pink on the way...

I think that might be just about every carseat available in Canada, LOL!!

Joolsplus2
05-15-2008, 11:33 AM
Maybe my one kiddo is deprived LOL!

- Graco SnugRide (pattern must be called Navy Dots or something like that)
- Britax Marathon in Microdot Tan

No way! You just are good at taking advice and have saved yourself tons of money and annoyance by not buying a bunch of seats looking for 'the one' :bighand: (I didn't even list the dozen other hunks of junk I've owned because I was 'too cheap' to just buy a nice seat to start with, lol).

:)

kijip
05-15-2008, 11:57 AM
Um, let's see here. Just 1 son. I have:

*A Britax Regent in Madison print
*A Britax Wizard in Funky Denim- I use this for my niece or Toby's friends and occasionally for Toby in a friend's car (he has *just* about outgrown this.
*A Britax Parkway (in his uncle's van, used rarely), it is granite
*A Graco Turbo Booster that does not get used at this time. This is in my Dad's van.
*A Britax Laptop (expired or very nearly so) hiding out in the garage.
*A Fisher Price booster (the one made by Britax) for carpooling. It is narrow so it work well for three across.

cono0507
05-15-2008, 12:09 PM
2 kids

1 snugride
1 marathon
1 roundabout
2 boulevards

all except the snugride are currently in use (2 in my car, 2 in DH's).

Davids-Coco
05-15-2008, 01:11 PM
1 DS... 21 mo, still RF

3 marathons - my car, dh's car, grandma's car (he spends A LOT of time with them and its a great in case of emergency)
1 Companion - which our best friends used to a year and we used for 4 months.

For the next, I want a keyfit although we still have a perfectly good companion all cleaned and boxed up and waiting.

Tondi G
05-15-2008, 01:24 PM
1 snug ride
1 century Avanta infant seat
1 Old Fisher Price convertible
had 1 Britax Roundabout in Cow
2 Britax Marathons in Stormy
2 Graco Turbo boosters

Wife_and_mommy
05-15-2008, 01:26 PM
2 kids

1 DC in a gray print
1 MA in cowmoo
1 Graco Turbo seat for niece visits. Has no back though.

I've read about all the seats everyone has but seeing it all at once is astounding. :ROTFLMAO:

I would like to have one more seat for carpooling/extra but it's so rare that it's not worth it at this point. I'd love to have a seat for every day of the week, though.:hysterical:

BayAreaMom
05-15-2008, 01:57 PM
One daughter, bday 4/6/06. Right now she is 26 months, ~29 lbs, ~36" tall.

2 Marathons- tan microdot and tan swirl
Snugride in storage for baby #2

Had a Decathlon that had an extremely difficult to tighten adjuster, Britax replaced it with the marathon.

Darcy

niccig
05-15-2008, 02:06 PM
1 DS

1 Safeguard (got on great sale)
1 Como
1 Safety First Uptown

We did have a Blvd that wasn't been used as swapped for Safeguard when DS FF. We just gave it to SIL, so now I don't feel bad about having 3 seats for 1 DC - 1 in each car and 1 is used by babysitter on Fridays.

elektra
05-15-2008, 02:19 PM
Snugride in Lotus

When I first read that I thought you meant you had a Snugride installed in a Lotus car!
It was just a funny picture in my head.

I have a MA in Graystone and a BV in Onyx, BTW. :)

kbud
05-15-2008, 02:36 PM
My DH can't understand why we have so many seats! He always says we have how many seats and how many kids! I need to show him some of the other posts!

2 DD:

1 snugride (old 20lb one)
1 Safeseat
1 Triumph
1 Scenera
1 Britax Wizard
1 fpsv booster

HIU8
05-15-2008, 03:06 PM
DD and DS.

3 Marathons (one was a replacement from a car accident, but the one in the car was deemed ok by Britax)--one is used by DN when we have her
1 Safeseat
(I gave away a PP Primo Viagio which I hated)

belovedgandp
05-15-2008, 03:27 PM
Two kids - 4 and 1:

In use now:
Safeseat - two bases
2 - Radian 65

Waiting for 1 year old out of Safeseat:
Marathon
Scenera
Triumph

Have owned:
Snugride (20 pounds) - gave to friend with emergency foster situation
2nd Triumph - gave to friend
Apex 65 - replaced with 2nd Radian after accident

MontrealMum
05-15-2008, 04:20 PM
OMG!!! Is this what we're headed for ???

The Lightbrite ComfortSport we have "donated" do the girls daycare. Even though its crappy, its better than the seats they had. SnugRide is up for sale on Craigslist, thinking of giving it to a shelter.

:hysterical: I read this quickly and all I can think about is seats that light up a la Light Bright. I have to see a picture of this now!

BTW, we have a Snugride in Lotus with 2 bases and a MA in Cowmooflage. We will be buying another MA for the 2nd car. No firm daycare/nanny plans for when I go back full-time in the fall, but I guess I should watch this forum closely in case I need one for a nanny's car. We've used the Snugride once in the grandparents' car, but I don't think we'll be making a purchase exclusively for them. These lists are mind-boggling though - especially Julie's - WOW. I will take notes. ;)

bubbaray
05-15-2008, 04:23 PM
OMG!!! Is this what we're headed for ???

:hysterical: I read this quickly and all I can think about is seats that light up a la Light Bright. I have to see a picture of this now!

BTW, we have a Snugride in Lotus with 2 bases and a MA in Cowmooflage. We will be buying another MA for the 2nd car. No firm daycare/nanny plans for when I go back full-time in the fall, but I guess I should watch this forum closely in case I need one for a nanny's car. We've used the Snugride once in the grandparents' car, but I don't think we'll be making a purchase exclusively for them. These lists are mind-boggling though - especially Julie's - WOW. I will take notes. ;)

Alas, no lights on the seat. Its just the name of the pattern. Navy blue with multi-colored dots.

I would recommend a Cosco Scenara for your nanny/daycare seat. We only used the ComfortSport(s) and Vision because when DD#1 first started daycare, I couldn't find a Canadian Scenara. They are now readily available at Walmart Canada and I think Zellers.

Joolsplus2
05-15-2008, 04:25 PM
These lists are mind-boggling though - especially Julie's - WOW. I will take notes. ;)

Oh yeah, there have been dozens of others... Huskies and a Marathon and a Maxi Cosi and seven infant seats and boosters and vests galore... I need to make a picasa album...:jammin:

MontrealMum
05-15-2008, 04:28 PM
Alas, no lights on the seat. Its just the name of the pattern. Navy blue with multi-colored dots.

Ah, I am strangely disappointed. :36: (I think that smilie might be sulking) Thanks for the rec. about the Scenara. I've seen it from time to time on sale at Zellers so will keep an eye out.

new_mommy25
05-15-2008, 04:44 PM
I have a 4.5yo DS and 2yo DD.

Britax MA (DS)
Britax BV (DD)
Cosco Scenera (DD)
Graco Platinum Cargo (DS)
Compass Trufit (both kids, for MIL to use)

codex57
05-15-2008, 05:07 PM
1 7 mo old DS

SnugRide with two bases
Recaro Como

will prolly need another seat once he's out of the SnugRide as we switch cars often.

tarahsolazy
05-15-2008, 05:07 PM
I have a 13mo old DD and a 4 year old DS

1 Snugride (old one that went to 20lbs, DS's, then nephew's, then DD's, saving for another niece or nephew-we're getting our money's worth on this one)
1 MA (DS)
1 RA (was DS's now DD)
1 Scenera (was DS's, now DD's)
1 Apex 65 (DS)
1 Compass booster (bought on sale for $37, waiting to be used)

Two cars. The Britaxes are in one car, the other two in the other. Due to good advice here and elsewhere, I have been able to avoid multiple ill-fated purchases.

californiagirl
05-15-2008, 05:37 PM
We have a Boulevard and a RideSafer, for one DD. We used to have a SnugSeat and a Roundabout, but they were both passed on when she outgrew them (the SnugSeat is on baby #5 now).

sivan
05-15-2008, 07:39 PM
i can't compete in this forum, but here we go!

3 kids. plus carpool :lol:

Right now I own:

2 Chicco keyfits (REALLY need to get on selling those...)
2 Britax Roundabouts
1 Britax Frontier
1 Graco Nautilus
2 Graco Turboboosters (high back)
1 Britax Regent

omg, that is a lot of seats! almost all of them are in use too!

Forgot to mention. In the past i've owned a Graco Snugride, another Roundabout and another turbobooster. Donated the snugride to my SIL and lost the other two in a car crash last year.

AngelaS
05-15-2008, 07:53 PM
Three Marathons (two in my van and a spare to put in Daddy's truck or for friends)

and a low back booster (that's for the kid that's right at 4'9".)

mrshalco
05-15-2008, 09:45 PM
1 DS (4 years old)

1 Snugride (4 bases -DS spent 2 days each at each grandparents house)
1 Roundabout (DH's Work Truck)
3 Marathon's (my car and two grandparents)
1 Radian 65 (Our "family" car)

Looking to replace the roundabout - lots of choices but no definite answer!!! GRRRRR

natmurr
05-15-2008, 10:27 PM
ohhh I want to play!

3 kids - 4.5, 2.5 and 7 months

SS1 Legacy with 2 bases
1 MA Ashley Floral
2 Radian 65's Grey
1 PW Granite
2 AOEs at Grandparents
1 HB Turbo at Grandparents
1 Graco PlatinumCargo (currently for sale on Kiiji)
1 AO pending pick-up tomorrow

We have already bid farwell to 2 snugrides, a portabout, and one eddie bauer scenera type seat handed down from family.

Okay - so maybe my DH is right and I do have a problem! Really though we are only using the SS1, MA and Radians on a daily basis between our 2 cars. I am trying to talk myself down from the $219 RAs that are on sale at the Safety Superstore right now (a GREAT price....for Canada!!)

mom2binsd
05-15-2008, 11:49 PM
I have a almost 5 year old DD and 2 year old DS...and 9 seats.

4 MA's - New blues, All Star Blue, Ashley Floral, Tan Microdot

2 Regents- just arrived from my wonderful BF (she ent them to me as she got Frontiers for her DD)...one is the grey pattern, other the leopard/black

Cosco Apex 65

2 Touriva's - mostly retired as they are the ones with the cutout by the head area but still not expired

801kelle
05-16-2008, 08:01 AM
Okay I have 1 DD: (Just turned 5 on May 5)

I now have 3 Frontiers and 1 more on the way.

One in my car and one in DH's car. Then we have an extra one for traveling and for when we need to take a friend in our car.Then the one on order is for Auntie's car for when she takes Riley.

Oh I still have 2 Marathons too. One was our traveling seat and one is at Aunties for when she takes Riley.

I had 2 REGENTS that I just mailed to my BF above Beth!
Oh I had another Marathon that I sent to Beth Too... HEEHEHEe.. what am I going to do with my Marathons.. Beth has enough?

I guess I just like to buy carseats and then give the others away? Oh I had 2 other Marathons that I sold on Ebay.. because when I got the Regents I didn't need that many Marathons cuz I had one and DH had one in his car.

So in 5 years I have bought, had and have:

1 Graco Snugride
5 Marathons (1 in DH and 1 in mine, extra one, 1 in Grandmas, 1 in aunties. Grandma can't drive anymore)
2 Regents
4 Frontiers

12 yikes I didn't realize it was that many?

And yes the statement above is correct I have 1 DD!!! Guess I just love to buy carseats?

stillplayswithbarbies
05-16-2008, 11:14 AM
My daughter just turned 5 in March. We have two cars.

Safeguard (main seat in the van)
Marathon in arctic cat (main seat in DH's car)
Marathon in Ashley Floral (put in storage when we got the Safeguard)
Radian 65 (our travel seat, will go in DH's car when she outgrows the Marathon)
Parkway in Tiffany in friend's car for emergency pickups

Expired in my attic until I figure out how to dispose of them:
Roundabout in Cowmooflauge
two Fisher Price Stay In Views (the best infant seat ever!)

So, for one kid, I have 5 active seats.

egoldber
05-16-2008, 11:42 AM
I have 2 DDs, 6 3/4 and 19 months.

Right now we have:

Britax Regent in Onyx (my van)
Britax MA in Ashley Floral (my van)
Britax Parkway in Onyx (DH's car)
Britax RA in Onyx (DH's car)
Graco Turbobooster (travel, typically only use backless now)

ajb524
05-16-2008, 12:19 PM
I have one DS (2 years old)

We have a snugride (in storage) along with 3 bases
Two Roundabouts (one in the grandparents car and one in DH's)
and a Marathon in my car

KrisM
05-16-2008, 08:25 PM
I have 2 kids and 1 more on the way. We have 2 cars.

We have:
1 Britax Wizard
2 Britax Boulevards
1 Cosco Scenara
2 Radians
1 Baby Trend Latch Loc
1 Chicco Keyfit 30

I'm not positive I'm keeping the 2nd Radian - I hope to test things out this weekend.

SnuggleBuggles
05-16-2008, 10:12 PM
2 dcs:

almost 6yo current Compass B510, waiting for store to get Frontier
5m old in RA. It expires in August and will buy a BV, MA or True Fit

Beth

wencit
05-17-2008, 02:29 AM
Wow, looking at some of these lists, I'm just astounded!

I have one DS, 2 years old. We have:

1 Snugride with 1 base in Central Park
1 Marathon in Arcadia Grass

One of the PPs said it best that by reading this board, I've been able to make smart purchases with my money. I haven't really been disappointed in any of my car seats so far, especially that Marathon. :love5:

KBecks
05-17-2008, 09:12 AM
We have 2 kids and 2 Britax Marathons. I also have a Graco SnugRide and some cheap convertible that DH bought as an extra but never gets used. He'll probably use that in his car when he takes DS to preschool in the fall.

I drive a Honda Odyssey.

shburks
05-17-2008, 11:02 AM
I have a 3.5 yo ds. We're down to two seats.

Cosco Touriva (our travel carseat that's now used in dh's truck)
Recaro Young Sport

Recently sold our Roundabout after ds officially outgrew it, so that took us down to two seats hence the need for the Touriva in the truck.

Now, we're moving and the Accord (my car) along with the Recaro has already shipped from Hawaii, so we're down to the truck/Touriva combo. Can I just say how much I need another carseat? How on earth do you get by without at least three carseats per child?? :) I need one in the car, one in the truck, and one for putting in my friend's car/airplane travel/etc

I really dislike the Touriva, too, so that's really not making me happy that I'm using it full-time right now. Really hoping ds won't outgrow it too soon because I can't decide what I want to replace it with!

vludmilla
05-17-2008, 11:19 AM
I have one DD who is now 20 months. We have many car seats. We have two Graco Snug Rides and one Peg Perego infant seat. These are all in storage now in waiting for DC #2.
We have 2 Decathalons for DH and my car and a Scenera for MIL's car. So, a whopping 6 car seats total but that was necessary because MIL watches DD so much.

smilequeen
05-17-2008, 11:43 AM
I have 2 kids

in my car, I have
Britax Boulevard
Safeguard seat

in DH's car
Britax Boulevard
True Fit

in Grandma's car
Britax Wizard

in our airplane
Sunshine Kids Radian
Britax Roundabout

and sitting in storage for #3
Chicco Keyfit

lmwbasye
05-18-2008, 12:35 PM
We have a 3 1/2 year old DS and 7 month old DS:

1 Chicco Keyfit 30 (in use by DS2)
1 Britax Boulevard (in use by DS1)
1 Britax Marathon (usually in DH's car, but he is in Iraq and I am selling the
car)
1 Britax Roundabout (on loan to nephew as his travel seat)
1 Graco Platinum Cargo (DS 1 travel seat)

I did own:

Cosco Scenera (was DS1 travel seat until he outgrew it)
Graco Snugride 22 (was stolen when DS 1 was around 6 months old)
Britax Wizard (involved in car crash...destroyed and tossed seat)

Melarina
05-18-2008, 08:12 PM
1 DD, 7 mos. We have A Snugride and two bases, and 1 MA in Ashley Floral. She's been riding mainly in the MA for over a month and seems to love it. Getting reading to buy a Scenera for the second car...maybe also for the grandparents'. Would love to spring for another MA but since I'm not going back to work after this school year we definitely don't have the $ :)

Both the MA and the soon-to-be-purchased Scenera were inspired by BBB, so thank you everyone for the advice and the helpful info!

mom2binsd
05-18-2008, 09:14 PM
Karen (smilequeen)- wow you have an airplane...I don't think I've seen where anyone has seats for their plane..how cool!!!

westgre
05-18-2008, 11:02 PM
I have three kids -- DD 5 years, DS 2 years, DS 7 weeks.
Regent in Blue Bouquet (DD's primary seat)
Parkway in Granite (DD's second seat)
Graco Platinum Cargo, black and gray (DS#1's primary seat)
Marathon in cowmoo (DS#1's secondary seat)
Chicco KeyFit 30 in Atmosphere and extra base (DS#2)

We have two seats we're not using right now
Compass B510 in giraffe (this used to be DD's secondary seat until I had to put three across my backseat)
Cosco Scenera tan pattern from KMart

Two expired seats
Graco Snugride blue check
Roundabout in Cowmoo

sdjeppa
05-18-2008, 11:46 PM
1 DS (age 4.5)

Have previously owned:
Snugride (passed on to a friend);
2 comfortsports (outgrew at age 2)
1 Graco Cargo outgrown by weight at age 4, now a spare seat for all the ggkids at gg's.

Currently own:
1 MA (in DH's car)
1 Regent (in my car)
1 Recaro Young sport as a booster (in Grandparents' car)

Happy 2B mommy
05-19-2008, 04:00 PM
Wow. Guess I'm a minimalist.

1 kiddo, 1 Britax Blvd. That's it.

I borrowed a snugride from our close friends for DD's first 6 months. It was 2 years old and I know it had never been in an accident.

Have to say, I thank this board for saving me a lot of money.

swampnurse
05-19-2008, 04:23 PM
1 Safeguard Child Seat
3 Britax Wizards
1 Britax Decathalon

previously owned a Companion.

Safeguard is my favorite of them all! I really does almost install itself! :)