PDA

View Full Version : Why is DH so useless in the middle of the night?!?!

beansprout13
05-15-2008, 11:31 AM
I am 39.5 weeks pregnant with DS2. Well, DS1 has a cold so he has been getting up in the middle of the night for the past few days. Last night, I had just gotten out of bed to use the bathroom, gotten back in bed, finally gotten somewhat comfortable and was drifting off to sleep when DS1 woke up. I asked DH to get up and go into his room to make sure he was OK. Well, DH wouldn't wake up - I tried ripping the covers off of him, lightly kicking his leg, even to the point of borderline yelling - nothing. He sat up in bed, made an "ugh" sound, rolled over and went back to sleep. Useless!!! I'd better not go into labor in the middle of the night - DH would never wake up!

Just had to vent...

MamaMolly
05-15-2008, 04:09 PM
That's when you take the pillow and put it over his head and....;)

scoop22
05-15-2008, 04:28 PM
oh i hear you... ds2 is in a bassinet right next to dh so he can help me.. otherwise he would think ds2 slept through the night..:hysterical: i know i am mean..

trales
05-15-2008, 05:43 PM
DH constantly asks me in the morning "Did she sleep through the night?"

Ummm. No, you dumb*ss, she woke up twice. She sleeps in bed with us. Sometimes I feel like wacking him in the head with a book and saying "Oops, sorry, did I wake you, I was just trying to nurse DD."

kozachka
05-15-2008, 10:17 PM
:yeahthat: I've been known to do the meanest things to get DH to help at night. The trick that works quite well and is not painful is closing his nose so he can't breathe. But I've also shoved DH in the side and so on.

Lately I've been also redirecting DS to Daddy :loveeyes:. Not sure what worked but last night DH helped DS blow his nose and brought him water in the middle of the night. That was after I took him to the bathroom and collapsed back to sleep. I made sure to thank DH for doing his share of DS' night-time duty.

ShanaMama
05-15-2008, 10:18 PM
How frustrating! DD still wakes up at night and I just cannot move. I either pretend I'm sleeping or ask DH to go to her. Of course, he 'doesn't hear her' his fair share as well....