PDA

View Full Version : OK to travel w/3.75 y/o in CARES harness/RideSafter?

tigeratty
05-15-2008, 01:31 PM
Thanks to everyone on this board for their imput. I have learned a lot by searching threads. I have determined that DS is in car seat la la land at his age/height/weight: 41 1/2" tall, 38 1/2 pounds. I am thinking of doing the CARE harness for the plane and useing the RideSafer harness for the rental car upon arrival.

DS has outgrown by height his Scenera, which is in grandmas car (in another town but same town as airport). His head is above the top of it. We have a Marathon and the Apex (I think) in other cars. DH does not want to bring a carseat on plane and wants to rent one from car rental. I am working on him on these issues (thanx for the ammo, guys) , but the harnesses would be an easier sell.

And, couldn't I usethe Ridesafer in grandma's car to replace the outgrown Scenera after the trip?

Or should we by a carseat to use for this trip and later for grandmas? Problem there is what I would by for grandma (Nautilus) is not what I would want to take on the plan.

TIA!

Shari

californiagirl
05-15-2008, 01:35 PM
At that age we certainly traveled with a CARES and a RideSafer, which was mostly blissful (the CARES does not restrain as much as a carseat does, which is a mixed blessing).

The RideSafer is a bit annoying to use frequently, so you might want to buy something for grandma after you get there. You can then use the RideSafer as a spare seat at home and on future trips.

Logansmum
05-20-2008, 01:23 AM
fyi...I just received my CARES in the mail today... They say that it's designed for 40 in (110cm) or less & 22-44 lbs.

Good luck!

Amy
Logan & Zoe's mum