PDA

View Full Version : FP Fun 2 Learn Laughtop vs VTech Tote n Go Plus

jerigirl
05-15-2008, 07:34 PM
FP Fun 2 Learn Laughtop vs VTech Tote n Go Plus
Looking for bday ideas for soon to be 2 yr old DS. Is one better than the other?? They both get about the same review on Amazon. I would like your input...TIA!
jeri

JBaxter
05-15-2008, 07:44 PM
My son got a laughtop for his 3rd birthday and had taught himself his alphabet with in 2 months. My niece got hers at 2 1/2 and did the same thing. I dont have the other toy so I cant give an opinion on that one.

beansprout13
05-15-2008, 08:17 PM
DS has the Laughtop as well and LOVES it. It comes everywhere with us! It helped him learn all of his letters and letter sounds. Plus, it has fun games that he just loves to play with. I highly recommend it!

MMMommy
05-15-2008, 09:59 PM
Our girls each have the FP Laughtop. We got it for DD1 when she turned 3 and DD2 when she turned 2. Both have enjoyed it. It is simple and easy enough for them to use. I'd go for the Laughtop.

greatcanuk
05-16-2008, 06:55 AM
We have the VTech Tote N Go Plus. I couldn't decide between this and the FP Laughtop either, so what I did was let my 3 year old DD play with the Tote n Go on one shopping trip (at Target), and the Laughtop on another shopping trip (at KBtoys). She ended up being frustrated at the Laughtop, and slightly less frustrated at the Tote N Go. Keep in mind, this was just her playing around while sitting in the shopping cart/stroller.

I also liked the fact that on the Tote N Go, the mouse can be placed on either the right or left side (my daughter is a leftie). However, in the packaging, the mouse is on the right on both the VTech and the FP (so that wasn't what was causing the frustration). I also liked the fact that the Tote N Go looks more like a real laptop, as I was hoping it would distract my DD from wanting to press buttons while I was typing on my own laptop (yeah, right).

Camille

jerigirl
05-16-2008, 03:30 PM
In some of the reviews that I have read, it mentioned something about the FP screen opening to either 45 degrees or 90. Not like a real laptop that can be open however much you want. Is that true? If so, I forsee DS breaking that IMMEDIATELY. Is the Vtech the same way?

Greatcanuk- did it seem that the Vtech has more games/activities? That is the impression that I am getting in my research.

I guess I just need to go look at these in person sometime.

Thanks for everyone's imput!