PDA

View Full Version : Reinstalling Touriva and Need Help

shburks
05-16-2008, 02:33 AM
I need to reinstall our travel carseat (the Cosco Touriva) into our Ford F-150. We are moving in a few weeks and all our household goods have been packed up along with the carseat manual, I think! (Might be somewhere else, but the husband is out of town and he would know where it is since it's his vehicle!)

The center backseat of the truck only has a lapbelt. It is a 1999 model (or something) and doesn't have LATCH, so it has to be seatbelted in. Can it be installed with just LATCH or does it have to be in a different position with a lap/shoulder belt?

Susan

Joolsplus2
05-16-2008, 07:48 AM
You mean, can you just use the lapbelt in the middle? Yes :). And it will be the easiest installation, probably (just buckle and pull the tail of the lapbelt till it's tight :) )

shburks
05-16-2008, 01:04 PM
Yes, Julie, that's what I meant! :) Can't believe I typed "LATCH" after saying the truck doesn't have LATCH. Can you tell it was late and I was tired? Ha ha!

OK, so it's installed with just the LAPBELT. Seems like it moves more than it does with a lapbelt/shoulderbelt combo, but I guess it's safe? I have it as tight as my little body can get it! It's an automatic retracting seatbelt (is that the right word? It doesn't buckle and have a tail like an airline seatblet).

Joolsplus2
05-16-2008, 08:09 PM
Two tricks, there:
Get your weight on both sides and rock it back and forth as the belt tightens down.

OR (and? You know, if you are really up for some 'fun', lol)

Install as usual... then *carefully* unbuckle, hold the latchplate tight, and let the belt retract back in one notch, then rebuckle (should be HARD to do now that the belt is a little shorter).

Good Luck!

shburks
05-17-2008, 10:54 AM
Oooo....good tips, Julie! I'll have to try one of those when it gets light out. :) (4:50 am here...)

Thanks.

Susan

shburks
05-18-2008, 05:19 PM
Julie--Tried the first trick (rocking it side to side) without much luck, but the second trick (unbuckling and retracting and then rebuckling) worked great! Thanks.

Susan