PDA

View Full Version : Safe Rider vest questions...

gatorsmom
05-16-2008, 11:46 AM
I wanted to thank all of you who recommended the Safe Rider Vest for my 4 yo as an alternative to dragging his Marathon around the airport for our recent trip. We still had to take the Marathon for our 2 yo but 1 is so much better than dragging 2!!!

But I had a question about it for anyone with any experience with this vest. The "clips" that secure the shoulder belt in place don't seem as sturdy as the lap belt securing clips and I find that the shoulder belt doesn't stay in place well- even with the velcro flaps enclosing it. This especially happens when my 4yo falls asleep and slumps over while riding in the car. Is this something I need to be concerned about? The vest does a good job of keeping the lap belt over his hips, however, and I think I read somewhere that this is the most important aspect of the belt.

any thoughts?

Joolsplus2
05-16-2008, 08:06 PM
Sounds familiar... (ie, been there, done that).... I think mine has pretty sturdy metal to thread the shoulderbelt into, but my memory is a bit fuzzy... but you're right, it's really just positioning the belt off the neck and onto the collarbone, while the lapbelt clips need to be a little sturdier to hold it down low.
:)