PDA

View Full Version : What do you do with extra plastic children's hangers?

gatorsmom
05-16-2008, 05:35 PM
I can't believe I actually bought some of these with my first child! My house is literally overrun with those small white plastic hangers that come with 2 and 3 piece children's outfits. I don't want to throw them away and fill up a landfill. I"m sure there is someone out there who could use them.

What do you guys do with them? Seriously, I can't fit any more of them in the closet.

August Mom
05-16-2008, 06:04 PM
Hmm... I always seem to buy more than enough clothes to fill them all.

Maybe you could see if a local consignment shop needs more.

Pennylane
05-16-2008, 06:39 PM
Put them on Craigslist, either for a small amount of $$ or for free. There are tons of people that do consignment sales that would probably love to have them. I know I would!

Ann

bubbaray
05-16-2008, 06:49 PM
I never have enough. Hmmm, maybe I have a problem buying too many clothes, LOL!

erosenst
05-16-2008, 08:50 PM
Donate them to either a resale shop or, better yet, the domestic abuse shelter in your area. (The domestic abuse shelters often help women set up a new home...and things like that are needed.)

Emily

SnuggleBuggles
05-16-2008, 09:09 PM
I actually had a post over on the B*tching Post about these. :) Hate them. So, I always take them off the hangers at the store and hope that they don't just toss them there.

Beth

daniele_ut
05-17-2008, 03:34 PM
I usually put them in the recycling bin. I try not to even bring them home if I can help it, but we got a lot of gifts with dd.