PDA

View Full Version : why do i still feel like i am going to hurl every time i eat anything?

lizajane
05-16-2008, 08:06 PM
so i had a stomach bug on wed. felt like i was gonna puke all day. got in bed at 6pm, the second DH walked into the door, after having a phenegran. the moment it wore off at 10pm, i was throwing up. took another one. went to bed. woke up the next day (due to kids and no DH, as he was headed out of town) VERY tired. but not throwing up. of course, DS2 was throwing up. ALL DAY LONG. DS2 is absolutely fine today. i, however, STILL feel like i am going to throw up every time i eat anything.

is this because 1) i don't want to eat so i hardly eat so i am hungry?
2) i am 32 and he is 3 and i am more affected?
3) i am having some extended family issues and i am very anxious?

no, not preggers. have a mirena IUD AND AF this week.

and here is the really, really sad part. i am all excited that i might lose some weight...

Corie
05-16-2008, 08:53 PM
I think it just depends on you. For example, my DH will feel bad
for a week. Nauseous not throwing up.

I'll feel kind of gross for a day and that's it. Back to normal.

And both my kids deal with it differently. My DD is just like me.
She has a fabulous immune system.

So, unfortunately, I think it's your immune system,
your extended family issues, being tired and your hunger all combined
with your nauseousness.

I hope you feel better soon!! :)

ShanaMama
05-17-2008, 11:00 PM
is this because 1) i don't want to eat so i hardly eat so i am hungry?
2) i am 32 and he is 3 and i am more affected?
3) i am having some extended family issues and i am very anxious?

4) All of the above. Sorry you're feeling so lousy- I hope you feel better by now. :hug5:

kijip
05-19-2008, 11:16 AM
Lizajane-

You have my sympathy. I am hurling everytime I eat something right now and I have NO idea as to why. I am also NOT pregnant. No one else around me is sick to boot and it is lovely weather. Kinda a just my luck sort of day. :32:

Hope you feel better already!

pb&j
05-19-2008, 01:06 PM
Ugh, I had a stomach bug a couple of weeks ago and it was terrible. Luckily, DS did not get it. But even after I stopped throwing up, it was close to a week before my apetite was really back to normal. Naturally, this was the ONE WEEK all year at work where I couldn't possibly call in sick, so I trundled myself off to work every day with a purse full of gummi bears and a cup o' noodles. Wonderful.

Anyway, I hope you are feeling better soon. Being sick is no fun.