PDA

View Full Version : Safeguard Go for travel, and Cares harness ?

smilequeen
05-17-2008, 11:41 AM
Simon is 3.5 now and he doesn't really sleep on the plane anymore. With Oliver now needing a convertible seat I'm considering getting Simon a Cares harness and a Safeguard Go.

How easy is the Go to install? We will get a rental car, usually a minivan. Is there any chance he could still sleep in the Go?

We have a Radian that we've been using and I don't mind using it, but it's a big load now that we have 2 in carseats.

And where do you get a Cares harness?

WatchingThemGrow
05-17-2008, 12:01 PM
CARES harness comes from kidsflysafe.com OR you can rent them on eBay, maybe even on CL.

cmmama
05-17-2008, 02:23 PM
my son has slept in the GO. He didn't look all that comfy, but he slept nonetheless. I've only installed the GO with LATCH and it was easy. (I've heard a non latch install, not so much)

One caution using the GO in rental cars, either the seat back has to be high enough for your son's head or there has to be a headrest. The GO depends on the seatback/headrest (along with the top tether) for it's structural support, if that makes sense.

I haven't had our GO for all that long, but have been impressed with it so far. And, just a quick anecdote, a mom at my son's school was in horrific car accident (so horrific in fact Mom is still recovering/in rehab) yet all three of her kids were buckeld in seats and walked away without a scratch. Her almost-three year old was in the GO.

Logansmum
05-20-2008, 01:21 AM
I just received CARES in the mail today & was surprised to see that it's designed for use by children 40 in (110cm) or less & 22 to 44 lbs... Yikes! My son only has 2 inches left!

MommytoWyatt
05-20-2008, 01:25 PM
That is exactly our travel system for my 4 year old for over a year now. The harness and Go work great. The Go is not a great sleeping seat, nor the Cares, but for his age, it has been great.