PDA

View Full Version : Recaro vs Britax?

fin'smommy
05-17-2008, 03:10 PM
Hi There,

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I looked (briefly) through the past post and didn't see what I was looking for... My 7 month old is rapidly out growing her peg perego infant carseat, she is also scheduled to have skull surgery next week (Tues) and we were told her head would swell dramatically. Fitting into the PP with SIP for the ride home from the hospital may not be physically possible. Our 3 1/2 year old is still riding in the Britax Marathon. She is quite tall, about 38 inches, and weighs about 32 lbs. I went to the store to get a matching marathon, but was told the 3 in 1 seat from Recaro (for my older daughter) was the way to go. I just read a few posts talking about the Frontier...now I am totally confused. Any help would be greatly appreciated, we leave for the hospital Monday, so I need to figure this out this weekend. TIA!

Kristi
Mommy to Reagan, 12/15/04 and Finley, 10/9/07

Joolsplus2
05-17-2008, 04:29 PM
At 32 pounds at 3.5, the Recaro Young Sport is A way to go. It's nice, tall top slots, comfy, but only harnesses to 40 pounds, and you want to keep kids harnessed to at least age 5...this might do the trick, it might not. Britax Frontier is 80 (probably won't last that long, but the slots ARE taller than the Marathon), and Graco Nautilus is 65, also with very tall top slots. Both make fine boosters, the Britax might be just a touch higher quality than the Graco (better LATCH connectors, headrest that moves with the harness, taller as a booster seat, and the whole thing is good for nine years so baby #2 can use it almost to seatbelt age, too!).

Good luck with surgery!

:)

shburks
05-17-2008, 06:32 PM
FWIW, we love our Recaro Young Sport. DS outgrew a Roundabout and this was his next seat.