PDA

View Full Version : high chair with small footprint?

knaidel
05-18-2008, 03:08 PM
I need a high chair for my son. With my older boy, I had a Combi high chair that was HUGE. I sold it when we moved. Now, I need something with a smaller footprintm as I have a pretty small dining area.
It seems that it would make sense to just buy a booster seat (like the FP space saver) but I don't have a ton of extra chairs, and we have company often. Would it be okay do attach a booster seat to a folding chair?

It seems that if I am going to go with an actual high chair, then the wooden ones are the smallest. any tohughts?

amandabea
05-18-2008, 04:06 PM
I had a regular Chicco Polly highchair initially, but it took up too much room so I sold it on Craigslist. Then I ended up splurging and got the Tripp Trapp by Stokke and I absolutely love it. It pushes right up to the table and takes up the space of one of our regular chairs, but it's so much smaller (floor-space wise) then a regular highchair. It's expensive, but I figure we'll get our money out of it with as long as it will last and then I can recoup some of the cost by selling it on Craigslist.

vonfirmath
05-18-2008, 05:56 PM
All we have are folding chairs. So our Fisher Price Space Saver (which really isn't a typical "booster" -- it can be used just fine on its own!) is always attached to a folding chair. The only inconvenience is that that chair no longer scootches into the table. But it certainly takes up less space and I feel secure that it is going nowhere.

vludmilla
05-18-2008, 07:56 PM
ITA with the PP who said she loved her TripTrapp. We have one and adore it.

MontrealMum
05-18-2008, 09:21 PM
We also have a small place and LOVE our Tripp Trapp. When not in use it pushes right under the table like a regular chair.

C99
05-19-2008, 06:06 PM
Any of IKEA's highchairs have a small footprint.

CiderLogan
05-20-2008, 02:44 PM
How about one of those wooden ones like restaurants have? They can have a removable tray or can be pulled up right to the table. My in-laws have one, and it works great. PBK carries one that is on sale right now.

mom2binsd
05-20-2008, 07:04 PM
We have the traditional wooden highchair...Windsor style...it's a dark cherry...I love that it blends in/no plaids, or goofy patterns and doesn't take up much space...it's lasted pretty well through my two kids...it is by Rochelle.

knaidel
05-20-2008, 09:44 PM
thank you all for the suggestions.

The tripp trapp is out of my budget at this time, but will look into when DS is a bit older. IKEA isn't particularly close by, and I am not sure if I want to make the trek for a high chair, but I think the FP space saver will work, then, if it can be used on a folding chair.

mariza
05-24-2008, 09:42 AM
I use the Space Saver on a wooden folding chair and it never budges even though DS likes to slam around in there.

amycoh
05-24-2008, 03:38 PM
We have a Me Too hook on chair that we use very often - and it attaches to the table - no footprint needed.