PDA

View Full Version : WTF? LL Bean VISA card discontinued...

overcome
05-18-2008, 10:44 PM
I have an LL Bean visa card that I use for EVERYTHING. I got it b/c you receive free shipping and free monogramming at LLBean when you use that card. Also, I receive coupons for $$ off LLBean merchandise.

I open my mail and find this message:
---------------------
L.L.Bean has decided to discontinue its relationship with Bank of America, the company that issues the L.L.Bean Visa Card,* on June 30, 2008.
On July 1, 2008, L.L.Bean benefits from the L.L.Bean Visa Card issued by Bank of America will end.
As a current Cardmember:

You will continue to receive Free Shipping and Free Monogramming on L.L.Bean orders placed with your current L.L.Bean Visa Card through June 30, 2008
You will continue to earn L.L.Bean Coupon Dollars on all purchases made through June 30, 2008 with your current L.L.Bean Visa Card
L.L.Bean Coupons issued to you at any time will remain valid until their stated expiration dateWe will provide information about the NEW L.L.Bean Visa Card in the coming weeks.
---------------------
Not only will I have to change ALL my info in all the online stores I shop with, but I will no longer get the LLBean perks :32:

I guess they may have some new perks with the new card. I'll have to wait and see...

hellokitty
05-18-2008, 11:04 PM
I got the same thing too. I'll basically be canceling that cc since it won't have any, "perks" anymore. I bet a lot of ppl will be canceling their accts... I wonder who LL Bean is going to do a cc through after june?

LBW
05-19-2008, 09:19 AM
I'm pretty sure LL Bean has done this before. (my overtired brain could be mixing up stores, though) I had the exact same thing happen to me ~6 or 7 years ago. It was really frustrating. Now I just have a bank MC (with cash rewards) and a Costco Amex.

trales
05-19-2008, 10:13 AM
This is so frustrating. I just got a new LL Bean card after having the old one for 10 years and having the number memorized. This had something to do with my grocery store getting card info stolen so everyone who used a card there got issued new ones by the bank.

The PITA part is that I just switched all the online and direct pay, long distance, ez pass ect info. Argggg.

DrSally
05-19-2008, 05:04 PM
Maybe they're having some problem with BOA. That is frustrating though.