PDA

View Full Version : SuperYard, Lil Playzone & pulling up

clb
05-19-2008, 03:32 PM
Can a toddler pull up on the SuperYard or the Little Playzone? Also, can he use this when he starts to cruise? I can't tell if the SuperYard's mesh can support the weight. I am guessing the playzone is okay for cruising.

DS is 7 months old and is trying to pull up on everything. I want the playzone or an equivalent to use in the yard this summer, but not sure it is safe when trying to pull up.

Thanks.

elliput
05-19-2008, 03:52 PM
The SuperYard is plenty sturdy to support pulling up.

o_mom
05-19-2008, 04:09 PM
Superyard is fine for that. I really prefer the SY to the PZ (I have a SY, my sister a PZ).

wendibird22
05-19-2008, 07:30 PM
We have a superyard and DD (9mos) has been pulling up on it for the past month. She's 28 in and 18 lbs. It's really quite sturdy.

WatchingThemGrow
06-03-2008, 08:14 PM
Superyard is fine for that. I really prefer the SY to the PZ (I have a SY, my sister a PZ).

How come? I'm trying to decide which to look for on CL. Thanks!

o_mom
06-03-2008, 08:45 PM
How come? I'm trying to decide which to look for on CL. Thanks!

Here is the PZ I'm talking about: http://www.amazon.com/Friendly-Toys-Little-Playzone-Sounds/dp/B00021NX9C

This is the SY: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00020L78M

The SY has been very versitile for us. The hinges in the corners can "lock" into any angle. This lets us use it as a barrier as well as a playard. We recently had it around the bottom of our stairs when we had to take the stair gate down. It folds very compactly and is easy to carry when needed.

The SY is more see-through, so it doesn't seem so closed in. You can attach toys to the sides of the SY easily with plastic links at any height. The PZ is harder to attach things to. I have also attached an IKEA kids mirror to one side of the SY with zip ties.

The toys on the PZ do not have an on-off switch or volume control and they are loud and annoying. :) You can take the batteries out, but that kind of defeats the purpose of having the toys there. The door on the PZ is nice, but I can easily step over the SY, so not something that is "needed" and one more part to break. I seem to remember it being "fiddley" enough to open and close that I ended up stepping over the PZ anyway.

The SY encloses a larger area (18.5 vs 13 sqft) and it is cheaper (list price). If you found a good deal, the PZ isn't bad, but if prices were equal I would get the SY. At full price, especially, I would get the SY over the PZ. You could get a SY and two extension panels for the price of the PZ.

HTH!

WatchingThemGrow
06-03-2008, 09:01 PM
Great! Thanks for the info. I just posted a WTB ad on CL. Now, if I can just get brittone2 to scout one out for us for $10, we'll be set! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts :)