PDA

View Full Version : Seat for Tall 28 mo old?

mamadou
05-19-2008, 11:22 PM
*sigh* I haven't done very well choosing carseats for my big fella, lol. DS hit the bucket seat's weight limit early, so I got a Boulevard hoping it would last us until DS was mature enough for a belt positioning booster. Alas, DS seems like he is a growth spurt away from outgrowing the harness height of his Boulevard. I want him to be in a harness for as long as possible, but it would be great if this seat could carry him through until he's ready for a booster. We also will need to get a back up seat to swap between the grandparents' vehicles. Since this one won't be used more than a couple times a month, easy installation is a must. If you have suggestions for either, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

KrisM
05-20-2008, 06:08 AM
It would help if you posted how big he is. Height? Weight?

But, probably the Regent is a good bet. I think it has the highest harness still.

Neatfreak
05-20-2008, 06:40 AM
Yeah, your son's size would be useful to know.

Still, a Graco Nautilus might be a good match as well (for either the primary or back-up seat).

mamadou
05-20-2008, 08:04 AM
oops...forgot to include it. 35ish lbs, 36" tall, 15" seated

Is is possible I'm doing something wrong w/ the harness? I thought I remembered reading that the Blvd harness height went to 17", but at the highest setting, there is just about a 1/2" above the shoulders.

KrisM
05-20-2008, 08:15 AM
Make sure you are noting where the slots in the frame of the seat are and not just where the holes in the fabric are. They don't always line up exactly.

Joolsplus2
05-20-2008, 08:36 AM
Yes, do make sure things are lining up. And he's at an age where his legs will grow quite a bit... my dd's only a little younger and I would have sworn she was outgrowing the Roundabout 6 months ago, but she's at the same half an inch from the top slot now that she was then...her pants just keep getting shorter! So you should have till he's at least three in the BV (most kids do last till five, but it sounds like you might have a big 'un there!)
Regent or Safeguard Seat (the expensive one, not the Go) are the tallest harnesses now at about 19 inches, the Nautilus is almost about 18.5, the Frontier is about 18...but the last two become boosters later... I agree the Regent for your main car and Nautilus for a spare would be probably your best choice. :)

mamadou
05-20-2008, 04:45 PM
Thanks so much! I'm glad you mentioned checking the frame itself because that gives us at least another 1/4". I'll check into the Nautilus for a spare. I would assume that the Safeguard Go isn't recommended because it doesn't have a shell?

Joolsplus2
05-20-2008, 05:07 PM
The Go is fine, it's just not any taller than the BV, so no growing room there...
:)