PDA

View Full Version : Tripp Trapp????

baileygirl
05-20-2008, 02:03 PM
Are there ever sales or is it a set price? TIA!

honeybefly
05-20-2008, 02:37 PM
Stokke is pretty strict about the price that retailers sell their products at, so you will rarely find these chairs advertised at less than retail. But there are some deals to be found. I think there was a thread about a week ago that listed some places to get the Tripp Trapp for less with coupons. If you do buy the chair, I know the site adolcebaby.com sells the Tripp Trapp pad for $24.99 (MSRP $39.00) and offers no tax and free shipping if you spend over $50.

blisstwins
05-20-2008, 02:45 PM
google the store great beginnings--sometimes they have a code and I know we got ours with one from there a few years ago

cicada
05-21-2008, 08:53 AM
We also got ours from Great Beginnings with a coupon code and free shipping.

www.greatbeginningsonline.com

cicada
05-21-2008, 08:55 AM
FYI, the coupon codes thread shows 10% off with code GBBABY.

lkarp
05-21-2008, 04:48 PM
Beware of buying from A Dolce Baby. We tried to buy a Tripp Trapp from them a couple of months ago. We placed our order online and received our order confirmation, but the item was never shipped. We tried contacting the seller via e-mail with no response and then tried their phone. We always got an automated message saying their mailbox was full. Luckily they never charged our card, but we went ahead and got a new number just in case.

WatchingThemGrow
05-21-2008, 04:53 PM
I got some Kinderzeats on CL for $60-75 each. One of the moms that sold one to me said she got it as a floor model. That may be a way to get one at a discount as well. I'm hoarding 3 of them. Is that bad? We have them at 3 different eating/coloring areas.

amandabea
05-22-2008, 12:30 AM
I bought DD's Tripp Trapp at Babystyle.com and used a 15% off coupon. I paid $215.71 with tax and shipping. I was surprised that the coupon worked since many times Stokke is excluded. I can't remember the coupon code -- survey maybe, but I'm pretty sure I found it on retailmenot.com
We love the seat and even my DH thinks it was worth it!

amycoh
05-22-2008, 07:23 AM
Both me and a friend were able to obtain "floor Models" and "returns" of the Tripp Trapp recently. It might be worth calling your local stores that have them on display and asking when and if they plan to replace them, and if you can have dibbs. Also, if they have had any returns you might be able to purchase, because they can't sell returns at full price. I had the incredible deal of getting it with the cover for $110 - and its in AWESOME shape - very small scratches not noticable. and my friend got her floor model from another store for $140 without the cover, still a fabulous deal.
Got on the phone ladies ;-)

baileygirl
05-26-2008, 04:02 AM
Thanks everyone for the suggestions! I haven't decided where we are going to order from yet. Floor models are a great idea, but I really want a black Tripp Trapp...which might be harder to find. I like the order of ordering from Babystyle since there is one locally (easier to take back with problems), but it is a bit more expensive. Anyway, I need to think about it a bit more, but I really appreciate the suggestions!

WatchingThemGrow
05-26-2008, 09:24 AM
I like our black one. It was the bargain one from CL - $60 with a chair pad!

amycoh
05-26-2008, 10:16 AM
You might be surprised how many black ones get returned - if I were you I would contact the local stores to me and get on their list (Stating you only want black ones) Again, they cant sell returns at full price, so you might get lucky.