PDA

View Full Version : Shoulder room -- Frontier/Nautilus

myboysmom
05-20-2008, 02:07 PM
I'm still debating Frontier v. Nautilus for my car (DH, secondary car, has Nautilus).

I had my DS (4 y.o., 47 lb., 45 in.) sit in the Nautilus and his shoulders touched both sides of the seat, so I'm concerned he'll be cramped as he gets older. I seem to remember seeing some posts about shoulder room in the Frontier v. Nautilus, but cannot find them. No one in town has a Frontier I can actually look at in person.

Does the Frontier have more shoulder room than the Nautilus?

Also, does the Frontier have cup or snack holders? (DS loves the cup holder and snack cubbie on the Nautilus).

Thanks!

Joolsplus2
05-20-2008, 02:14 PM
I think there actually is more room in the Frontier... You can kind of tell from these pictures... the older child is about 8 and you can see her shoulder's not touching the sides http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?p=443037 Yup, nice deep cupholders :)

emelsea
05-20-2008, 06:13 PM
I was worried about this, too, but then I played around w/ the GN and as I raised the headrest (as one would as their child grew taller) the sides of the seat back taper away so I think there will be plenty of shoulder room even when he is bigger.