PDA

View Full Version : My DH went to bed at 10pm tonight . . .

rupptopia
05-21-2008, 01:17 AM
and I'm still up! We are leaving to visit HIS FAMILY on Thursday morning & there are still lots of stuff to be done.

I went to Target to get diapers, sunscreen & something new to entertain DS for the long car trip. Come home & DH is in bed at 10pm. Good for him but where does that leave me?

I was hoping to pack for myself tonight and then get the kiddos packed up tomorrow, but kinda hard with the bedroom lights out.

Maybe he didn't notice the family room looks like a bomb hit it. Or the crumbs all over the kitchen counter (he did run the dishwasher, I will give him credit for that.) Maybe he didn't notice the 3 loads of laundry that needs to be folded, not counting what is in the washer & dryer. The pile of mail on the counter. Yeah right, he had to walk right past them! And I am interviewing a nanny tomorrow, so much for good 1st impressions.

I don't mind doing all this but would love some help & company. I swear it is easier when he travels all week, then at least I don't expect any help around here. Maybe it is wrong to be ticked that he is getting some sleep, but come on - we leave in less than 24 hours, pretty obvious what need to get done.

OK I feel better now, but I am still not folding his clothes. . .

elaineandmichaelsmommy
05-21-2008, 03:21 AM
Nah-leave his clothes. At this point I'd say it's time to prioritize or you're gonna blow a blood vessel. The laundry won't rot while your gone. If it's still in the baskets when you come back it's no big deal. Clean up the crumbs and stuff that definatly shouldn't be out. Pack up for your family and enjoy your vacation.

gatorsmom
05-21-2008, 10:44 AM
I would say if HE's the one getting the sleep then HE's the one driving for the long car ride. Then YOU can sleep on the car ride. sounds like a good plan. :)

LexyLou
05-21-2008, 10:53 AM
I would be so frustrated. My DH has just started traveling a lot for work and at first I was super annoyed but now I'm finding I rather enjoy when he's out of town...less laundry, less dinner plates, I can watch what I want, etc...

I'm sorry. that sucks. Men are so CLUELESS sometimes. As my best friend says, "You've got a good man, but he's still a man!"

happy2bamom
05-21-2008, 12:48 PM
I am with you on this. I have been super frustrated today too! DH got home yesterday from a long business trip. While he was gone I had to finish all of the lawn work that he started before he left, along with my usual tasks of caring for the kids and keeping up with the house and laundry. I had dinner ready for him when he got home yesterday, but I only saw him for about 10 minutes b/c I had meeting to attend. I had also scheduled a babysitter for the evening since I didn't know when he would get home. So... a babysitter was here and took the kids outside and played until their bedtime and then the sitter went home. DH put the kids to bed, but that takes what, 10 minutes? I came home to the dirtiest kitchen, and he didn't even bother to put the leftover dinner away! Such a waste of food and so much more of a mess for me.

I missed him while he was gone, but it is much less work for me when he is gone. He is like having one more kid that I have to pick-up after. I blame his mom, she was super-woman and did everything for the family. So now, all four of her boys are slobs and they all EXPECT their wives to clean-up after everyone in the house.

niccig
05-22-2008, 12:06 AM
Oh, I'm boiling mad for you as my DH does the exact same thing. And then wondered why we always had a big fight on the first day of the vacation because I was exhausted. In his defence, his work gives him overtime in the 2 weeks leading up to the vacation to make up for the time off, so he is tired. But so am I. I try to do as many things in the lead up to packing as I can, but it doesn't always work.