PDA

View Full Version : Treadmills anyone?

s7714
05-22-2008, 12:30 AM
I've been thinking about getting a treadmill with some of our tax refund. Does anyone have one they love? I'd mainly do walking and maybe some light jogging on it. DH is a avid runner, so ideally I'd like one that he could use as well, but I know the ones for serious runners are usually a lot more expensive so I'm focusing on my needs. ;) TIA if anyone has any recommendations!

Neatfreak
05-22-2008, 01:42 AM
When we bought ours four years ago, we really appreciated the info in Consumer Reports about treadmills. I wish I knew what brand ours is because we really like it, but it's in storage at home while we live abroad. Because my husband wanted to do serious running on the treadmill, we did have to spend more to get treadmill with a higher horsepower motor (I think ours is a 3-horsepower). This meant that we bought the machine from a fitness equipment shop instead of Costco or Walmart or Sears, etc.

willow33
05-27-2008, 01:38 PM
Check out www.treadmilldoctor.com

We did a lot of research on this site and ended up getting a Sole treadmill. We paid around $1500 and found a dealer on ebay that was a little cheaper, free shipping and the treadmill still came directly from the manufacturer.

npace19147
05-27-2008, 03:26 PM
We have a Landice, which is one of the more expensive ones, but I really like it and we've had no problems with it. Agree with going to a specialty store, much more helpful.

wellyes
05-27-2008, 03:52 PM
I have a Sole too. It's fantastic, and built like a tank - I have no concerns about it breaking (like so many of the cheaper ones do). Plus the warrany is as good as you can get.

I got mine through Dick's Sporting Goods. Wherever you get it, be very careful to get it with free delivery that specifies "to the room of your choice" or "up two flights of stairs" or whatever you need to get it where you need it to go. The treadmill is VERY heavy, too big for my DH & I to move on our own (two burly delivery guys were enough to carry it up the stairs for us but they were not happy about it!)