PDA

View Full Version : Boston w/ preschoolers

bnme
05-22-2008, 08:27 AM
We will be driving to Boston from LI, NYto visit my sister this summer. We will be there for 2 days, staying in East Boston. What should we do? I know we will hit the aquarium because they are members there. We will be taking the T in and out of the city.

TIA!

(My boys are almost-4 and 5.5. It will be me, DH & the boys, my parents, and sister and SO)

AJP
05-22-2008, 06:57 PM
I think the Children's Museum is great in addition to the aquarium...how about swan boat ride (Boston Common) or a Duck Tour (Back Bay)? All of these places are easily accessable by the T, and you could definitely do the aquarium and one of the duck tours or swan boats in the same day. Fanueil Hall is great for people watching/having lunch or dinner after the Museum and should be within walking distance.
Have fun....I love my little city!

deannanb
05-25-2008, 12:09 AM
I'll add another vote for the Children's Museum -
DS Loved it!
we then met DS and DH at the Science museum -
Not much for preschooler.... they did have a nice butterfly exhibit at the time

amycoh
05-25-2008, 07:33 AM
For Preschoolers at the science museum, they just expanded a whole "Tot Space" which includes a water station, bubble bar, "tree House" that they could climb in, ball play etc. It is located beyond the food court. Not to mention the Monkeys and chickens on the third floor, the dinosaurs on the 1st, and the running stations on the second. Lots of stuff for your age group. Ask your Sister to check with her library to see if they have discount tickets available for the dates you will be there. Also, Duck tours leaves from the Museum of Science - so easy day.

bnme
05-25-2008, 07:30 PM
Thanks! Off to check out their web-sites. Sounds like we'll be busy.