PDA

View Full Version : sophie giraffe

Maxlee
05-22-2008, 11:20 AM
Anyone have any experience with Sophie Giraffe. I was thinking about picking one up for DB #2 due in a few weeks. I am looking for a store that sells Sophie and wooden teething rings. Free or inexpensive shipping would be nice too. Any suggestions?

Maxlee
05-23-2008, 08:32 AM
does anyone have one?

kayte
05-23-2008, 10:21 AM
We have one and DD loved it. And quite frankly, I love it. It's adorable and yummy in texture--I can see why so it's so good attractive to little ones.

We got it as a gift but I am 99.9% sure it came from Magic Cabin. i have seen codes for them before so maybe you can try them.

GeekLady
05-23-2008, 10:25 AM
I'm curious, does it make noise, or is it silent?

Maxlee
05-23-2008, 11:09 AM
thanks! I found both things at www.goodforthekids.com and they had a 15% off code on their blog on the website so shipping was about $1

kayte
05-23-2008, 02:55 PM
I'm curious, does it make noise, or is it silent?

It does squeak--but it is very gentle and not loud---not like a dog squeak toy--if that makes sense. You also have to give the body a good squeeze to make any noise---my dd would gum the head and it made no noise at all.

hth

PS It is one of few toys I have put away to keep for DD's kids.

GeekLady
05-23-2008, 03:16 PM
It does squeak--but it is very gentle and not loud---not like a dog squeak toy--if that makes sense. You also have to give the body a good squeeze to make any noise---my dd would gum the head and it made no noise at all.

It looks like a good toy for taking to Mass, soft so it won't make noise if it gets thrown on the floor, and good for gumming. But I'm worried about the squeak being too squeaky, if you know what I mean.

MontrealMum
05-23-2008, 06:22 PM
It looks like a good toy for taking to Mass, soft so it won't make noise if it gets thrown on the floor, and good for gumming. But I'm worried about the squeak being too squeaky, if you know what I mean.

We have one and DS loves it, but I wouldn't take it to church. It's loud enough to be disturbing, and although he hasn't figured out how to squeeze it properly to make noise, he's able to get it squeaking in many other ways - such as slapping it against the wall, table, me, the floor, and then stepping on it. :) I got ours at BRU. Here in Canada they also sell them at Chapters online.