PDA

View Full Version : Costco Huggies Experiences?

mommysammi
05-22-2008, 11:44 AM
Do you like or dislike these? How do they compare to the Kirkland or Target dipes in terms of softness and absorbancy?

I read that these Huggies tend to bleed stains onto clothes and skin. Is this a huge problem.

TIA.

Neatfreak
05-22-2008, 12:00 PM
Hmm. The cases of Huggies that I've purchased at Costco never appeared any different to me than the cases that I've bought elsewhere. The quality was uniform. It's been nearly a year since I've lived near a Costco, though, or bought Huggies by the case.

I found the Kirkland diapers to be not appreciably different than Huggies. Maybe a wee bit less soft. I only tried one case, though. The cost savings for the larger size that my DD was in made the cost savings negligable.

egoldber
05-22-2008, 12:25 PM
The Costco Huggies are just like the Huggies Snug&Dry (mickey mouse designs) you buy anywhere. Its the step down from the Huggies Supreme (winnie the pooh designs) line. I've never had a problem with them bleeding.

codex57
05-22-2008, 01:31 PM
I bought a box for my neighbors. They didn't notice any noticeable diff from the Kirkland ones. They're not too picky though, but I did ask if htey had probs and they said no leaks, etc.

The Huggies were actually cheaper than the Kirkland ones for some strange reason.

egoldber
05-22-2008, 01:43 PM
The Kirkland diapers are actually copies of the Huggies Supremes. I learned that here a couple weeks ago. :)

HIU8
05-22-2008, 02:00 PM
Whenever I've used huggies with DD they bleed onto the inside of her clothes--we use the mickey mouse ones and the green tends to bleed on DD's clothes. Nothing huge, but noticeable. It didn't matter where I bought them. I found no difference between huggies and kirkland. Personally, I used kirkland for DS. For DD I use pampers exclusively b/c the kirkland ones gave her a rash and the huggies and kirkland now don't fit around her well (she has a large waste and thighs).

mommysammi
05-22-2008, 06:29 PM
Thanks for the input. I'll try a small package before buying a large case from Costco. We're using Kirkland's right now but they're giving DD a rash... at least that's what I think it's from. It gets very red on her bottom every time she poops not so much pee pee though.

bubbaray
05-22-2008, 06:34 PM
FYI, Kirkland diapers gave my DD#1 a HORRIBLE rash. Our dr thought it was impetigo and gave her antibiotics. Another said it was food allergies, another said viral, etc. etc. Finally, one day, DD#1 told our DCP that "the horsey diapers hurt my bum". Lightbulb moment. We switched her back to Pampers and the rash went away in 24 hrs. Never used them on her again.

I have the remainder of that box waiting for DD#2. If they give her a rash, I'll toss them. Sooooo not worth it, KWIM?

DD#1's rash wasn't in her diaper area. It was more where her kidneys are, lower back just below the top of the back of the diaper.

VERY strange.

DrSally
05-23-2008, 10:26 AM
I noticed on 2 recent boxes of Costco Huggies that 2 pl astic packs were open and had a diaper or 2 that was cut in half. When I pulled out the dipes, all this granular stuff spilled all over. I also got a box of huggies at Target that several were missing tabs! At $30-$40 a box I was peeved. I like them for DS, but they're quality control is lacking.

egoldber
05-23-2008, 10:38 AM
I would call Kimberly Clark customer service. I had a (minor) issue with a pack of Huggies I recently bought and they sent me several nice coupons. :)