PDA

View Full Version : when to move to Marathon-height or weight?

purpleeyes
05-22-2008, 12:24 PM
DD is over the height limit for the Graco snugride (has been since the 6 month appt!) But we held out b/c she wasn't 20lbs. yet. She is inching closer...about 19 lbs. or so right now. Should be just switch now? (We are goig away this weekend) or wait until we are sure she is 20lbs?
BTW, we won't have an official weight until her 9 mo. appt. at the drs.

THANKS!!!

bubbaray
05-22-2008, 12:37 PM
When her shoulders are no longer at or below the top slot for the harness or her head is within 1" of the top of the shell.

ETA: Sorry, for RFg, harness slots need to be at or below her shoulders. I need coffee!

KrisM
05-22-2008, 01:11 PM
You need to switch her when either her height or weight is too much for the seat. For the infant seat, you have until there is less than an inch of plastic shell above her head for height. If she has less than that, then it doesn't matter if she's 20lbs or not, she's outgrown the seat already.

If she has more than that, you can wait until either she gets taller or hits 20lbs.

pastrygirl
05-22-2008, 01:20 PM
Since you'd be moving her to the MA rearfacing, there's no problem switching before she outgrows the Snugride. I switched my son at 3 months because he hated his infant seat. You don't necessarily need the full 45-degree recline at this age; you can install it more upright for older babies/toddlers. :)

purpleeyes
05-22-2008, 09:48 PM
We're going to move it tomorrow so we can get it checked before we leave. Thank you!!

DrSally
05-23-2008, 10:32 AM
what pp's said. Do whichever comes first, and since the Marathon will be RF it doesn't make sense to "hold out". Many like their convertibles better than their infant seats for comfort. DS moves at 4 months when he outgrew the snugride by height.

lizajane
05-24-2008, 10:23 AM
We're going to move it tomorrow so we can get it checked before we leave. Thank you!!

she will be so much happier in the bigger seat!!!