PDA

View Full Version : Help! Maternity swimwear for plus size

elliput
05-22-2008, 12:41 PM
I am looking for suggestions in particular for those of us who are pear-shaped plus size, as I have a lovely set of chunky thighs that really don't need to be exposed more than necessary. I will be spending at least one morning a week at the local Y. It has a wave pool and sprinkler/fountain play area which opens up this weekend.

Currently, I have a tankini and swim mini from LE, but the bottoms are quickly getting too tight for my expanding belly. I expect to get a couple more weeks use out of them before becoming uncomfortable. Plus, the suit has faded horribly due to the chlorine during the few weeks of DD's swim class.

I tried on a couple of suits at Motherhood yesterday. The tie-dye and a gingham set. The tie-dye is super cute, but unfortunately the length of the top hits at just the wrong place and really emphasizes my saddle bags. The gingham set was cute, hit at the right place, but is only in regular sizes and not plus (a 1x would fit better than a XL).

I have been thinking about going LE again, specifically the swim shorts and a top. Does anyone have experience with the swim shorts? I know they are not specifically maternity, but think if I get a couple sizes too big the waist should fit for quite a while (and I can put a couple of temporary tucks in the waist band to be let out as needed).

My on-line searching has not come up with anything that really strikes my fancy either. Am I SOL or just not doing the right search?

lowrioh
05-22-2008, 01:26 PM
I got this one from Target.
http://www.target.com/Liz-Lange-Target-Printed-Swimsuit/dp/B000X09T3Q/sr=1-2/qid=1211476941/ref=sr_1_2/601-7223749-5545702?ie=UTF8&index=target&rh=k%3Aliz%20lange%20swim&page=1
It was carried in our store and it came in a XXL.
I also saw maternity tankinis at JCPenney.com that come in XXL.
Good Luck!

egoldber
05-22-2008, 01:45 PM
I got a cute two piece suit from Target when I was pregnant. :)