PDA

View Full Version : Some minor complaints- care to add yours?

SnuggleBuggles
05-22-2008, 03:11 PM
1. The only jeans I currently fit in and like are getting a hole in the knee.
2. I am gaining weight! I am very annoyed that I got back to my pre-pg weight and am now gaining a bit. This bf'ing and weight loss thing is not working this time!
3. I am the one that goes grocery shopping so I have no one else to complain too that there is nothing to eat!
4. We have ants. Teeny, tiny, barely visible ants in our tv room. I can not find where they are coming from so I don't know how to get rid of them. I vacuum 2 times a day and it isn't helping.
5. Ds1 is done w/ school and is driving me crazy. Running errands with him is miserable.

How about you? What's bugging you today?

Beth

tnrnchick74
05-22-2008, 03:21 PM
I'm in preterm labor with VERY STRONG contractions and my OB won't consider sectioning me early unless my water breaks. I SO want this over with!

My mother is stating how "convenient" it would be if I were to have this baby this weekend. AND she states that she's going to "walk him out of me". Um, Mom, YOU AREN'T THE ONE WITH SEVERE BACK PAIN AND PAINFUL CONTRACTIONS. And I can barely walk, not only due to the pain, but because my feet & legs are so swollen. So unless you are going to CARRY me anywhere, my butt is going to stay close to a toilet and my bed! YOU GO WALK.

And my dog, along with my Mom's 2 dogs are now permanently attached to me - apparently they smell the pregnancy hormones and want to be "up in" the crotch area. I can't even roll over in bed without a dog trying to get up in there!

I am grateful that my Mom is helping me out and letting me stay here for a bit - but she's smothering me. Not to mention she's on weight watchers and cooks some REALLY weird stuff. I already have enough GI issues this late in pregnancy (hence needing to be near a bathroom constantly) and then you add all the "low fat" crap. Ugh. I want NORMAL food.

AAAAAAUUUUGGGGHHHHH

Thanks - that feels a little better.

cono0507
05-22-2008, 03:24 PM
1. we have those stupid tiny ants too. finally found that they are living in a littl nest by a window sill and have been getting in that way. annoying nasty litte things.
2. i'm so flipping tired from work and a 9 month old who nurses 3 times a night i want to cry sometimes.
3. all that fatigue and sleeplessness has been making me want to eat all the time. need to stop that.

WatchingThemGrow
05-22-2008, 03:27 PM
1. I'm weaning DS because of documented, verified low milk supply issues, sick of being on lactation meds, pumping all the time etc. My back is killing me b/c of the pumping.
2. DD peed on my foot this a.m. She doesn't want to use the stool OR the "bouncy seat" as she calls it to sit on the potty. She couldn't get up on the toilet on time.
3. DD brought me her poop-filled underwear in her hands while I was nursing DS this morning.
4. DH saw a mouse by our stove yesterday, apparently a friend/relative of the one we caught 2 weeks ago - EEEWW x10. C'mon glue trap - catch him!
5. Not the first thing is packed for our weekend away that starts tomorrow at noon.

That feels better.

Lots of stuff is going well, though!

bubbaray
05-22-2008, 03:34 PM
1) I'm sick. A-frekin'-gain. See my separate bitch on that. Sigh.
2) DD#1 is 4. Need I say more? 4 is the new 2.... Grrrrr.
3) DD#1 has/had HSP and DH is taking her back to Children's for followup right now. I'm soooooo over having to cart these kids to Childrens alll the time (yes, I'm thankful we have such a wonderful resource and that they are getting wonderful care and are both better. But still. Its exhausting dealing with their medical stuff).
4) Work is sucky. I just about packed it in last week, but I owe them a year after my maternity leave top up. Good thing, or I would've grabbed my purse and my photos and been a puff of smoke down the road.
5) I'm soft. I used to be extremely fit and pretty "hard". Now I'm soft. And, I'm stillllllll so @#$%^^& hungry even though I'm only BFg DD#2 once a day.
6) I'm the only one who apparently can: take things up/down stairs, do laundry, load/unload the d/w, find anything (if one more person asks me "have you seen my", I swear I will scream!). I've gone on strike lately and its just out of control here -- DH will step over a toy instead of picking it up. WTF?
7) I didn't give our DCP a birthday gift or Mother's Day gift. It really shouldn't matter, but I feel stressed and guilty about this. I need to do something and have no idea what.
8) I have to come up with a fan-freakin-tabulous Father's Day gift for DH b/c he installed a Rainbow playset for the girls, which was a ton of hard labor for him. I have no idea what to do.
9) I feel old. Really old. I mean, I *am* old, but this is the first year I've felt old.

THere's more. I just can't remember anything today....

wendibird22
05-22-2008, 03:57 PM
i'm so flipping tired from work and a 9 month old who nurses 3 times a night i want to cry sometimes.
:yeahthat:

And no heat in my office all week because the standard heating season is over with. I know you are saying, yeah because it's May...except that it's been 40's here all week!!! I'm wearing like 20 layers of clothes but have to half strip in order to pump 3x's a day.

ThreeofUs
05-22-2008, 04:11 PM
1. I'm freezing and it's almost June. I thought pregnancy was going to keep me nice and warm?!
2. I can't sleep. I'm getting 6 hours max a night and am a nasty-tempered zombie during the day. I have NO idea what more to do about this.
3. No matter how many exercises I do, my right hand is still going numb. I'm ambidextrous, so I'm not complaining about lack of use, but the tingly-to-numb/hurting feeling really s*cks.
4. The house and gardens are going to heck in a handbasket because I am the only one who cares about keeping them up, and I'm just too darn tired to do anything about it.
5. I'm starting to feel anxious a lot, which is not me and I think is because of pregnancy hormones.

*sigh* Please, god, just help me sleep.

beansprout13
05-22-2008, 04:15 PM
Oh, this is fun!

1. I'm 40 weeks pregnant and my induction isn't scheduled until 42 weeks. I was in preterm labor and bed rest at 33 weeks and was told this baby would be early - not so much!
2. DS is driving me nuts with potty training. He told me this morning that he was done going pee-pee in the potty that he only wanted to go in his pull ups from now on. I tried bribing him with chocolate - didn't work. Later on, I asked him again if he wanted to go in the potty and he just looked at me and said (with huge attitude and hands on his hips) "Mom, I told you I am only going in my pull ups - no more potty!"
3. Along the lines of the ants mentioned above, we have moles digging burrows all over my front lawn!

kozachka
05-22-2008, 04:22 PM
1) I can't find my keys after vacation;
2) I don't fit into more than half of my clothes as I spend too much time sitting in front of computer at work and than at home after DS and DH are asleep;
3) I crave chocolate or something baked a LOT;
4) Diflucan did not have the effect it should have;
5) our apartment is too small;
6) I want to move back to California;
7) DH can't decide how much longer he wants to stay in Ukraine where his business is;
8) I will probably get a less than brilliant review this cycle as I was not very productive in the last couple weeks leading to end of project planning vacation and looking for perfect gift for DH's big birthday;
9) DH's perfect and expensive gift turned out to be less than perfect and we can't return/exchange it as we bought it out of town;
10) we have cockroaches in the kitchen and they don't seem to react to any of the poison so far.

I am sure there is more but somehow I feel better already :yay: . This is great therapy.

zephyr
05-22-2008, 05:36 PM
1. DS is being a SUPER picky eater and extremely moody lately.
2. The house is a mess even though it feels like I clean all day long.
3. I still haven't found a gown to wear to an upcoming wedding and have searched pretty much the whole town.
4. After weaning ds I am gaining weight...grrrrrr and I crave chocolate ALL THE TIME, I actually just had my 3rd cookie of the day, but my goal is to really limit the sweets.
5. DH still won't get a new bumper for my car and its driving me nuts because the other one has a big dent and scratches all over.
6. There are about 5 loads of laundry waiting to be washed.
7. Ants in certain corners of the house.
8. There was this awesome kitchen table on craigslist that I really liked but was too late-it already sold.
8. We're probably not going on vacation this summer because $ is tight.

Wow that felt really good, I feel a teensy bit better.

tarabenet
05-22-2008, 05:44 PM
I was hit by a Mommy Drive-By lecture for letting Brett play on the McD's playscape with his sister! If he is not yet three and I let him play, isn't that between me and McDonald's? He was certainly not hurting Aubrey or the other child who were playing. What business was it of hers?

My first Mommy Drive-By. I feel so official -- even though I'm only the aunt and nanny!