PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried the new Medela Freestyle HandsFree Breastpump?

jamiegirl
05-23-2008, 04:10 AM
I am expecting baby # 2 and recently saw this new Medela breastpump in a magazine. Would love to hear your opinions/insights if you own this pump.

I exclusively pumped (PISA) for DD for 14 months so I'm willing to splurge on a new pump since I get a lot of use out of it.

TIA!

Jamie

tnrnchick74
05-23-2008, 04:45 AM
I have recernly bought it - but haven't actually USED it since I haven't delivered yet. The hands free option is VERY easy to hook up - you only really need to adjust it once. And the instructions were very clear.

As far as the pump itself, I love the idea of being able to program time/strength and that it's a rechargable battery.

I will let you know after I start using it...in a week or 2!

elephantmeg
05-23-2008, 09:19 AM
my aunt (a LC) gave me one to review for her. I'm not back to work yet but have been pumping several times a week. Here's the review I sent her. I love it. We just got back from a camping trip and I used it 3-4 time there with the batery. It's still going strong. I love how small it is.
---------------

I told you I'd let you know what I thought of the freestyle. It is incredible.

-The horns are softer/more comfortable

-It cleans easier/faster (no small membranes to keep up with, fewer parts)

-I let down faster with it and the suction is much better-I can pump in 5-7 minutes or less-it used to take me 10-20.

-the tubing comes out the bottom instead of the front so it doesn't kink even when you don't use the hands free

-because the membrane isn't in the bottle you don't get drips from there when you remove the bottle

-the hands free is very comfortable (although it feels strange the first time you use it) and really holds the horns on securely which prevents your nipples from sliding to the edge of the horns. I have washed dishes, picked up the house etc with it on. It really is easy to use.

-I haven't played with the memory setting yet, that's on my list to do this week; I need to dig out my instructions again. I would seriously pay $400 for this pump-I would never go back to the PISA.

sail731
05-23-2008, 12:05 PM
The Freestyle is the perfect pump for a busy mom who will need pumping to be quick and easy.

I participated in the test study for this pump (had been a PISA user) and loved this one. It was much easier to use, clean, etc. than the PISA.

I especially loved the rechargable battery feature. Hands-free was also nice.

Size is good, like the digital display and that it is very easy to use. Wish it were a bit quiter, though it is not any louder than the PISA.

I would definately recommend the Freestyle.

Hope this helps.

jamiegirl
05-24-2008, 03:06 AM
Thanks everybody! :-)