PDA

View Full Version : Keeping water cold in the car

tiapam
05-23-2008, 09:56 AM
I would like to keep reusable containers filled with water in the car for DD and I. We have Sigg bottles but I have to keep taking them in and out of the car, and when I forget them outside they get hot and become useless. Are the Funtainer and the Foogo my best bets? And what if I want to put milk in one for DD? I wouldn't leave that in the car for long periods.

C99
05-23-2008, 10:04 AM
I think SIGG makes a neoprene sleeve that you can use to keep water cold in the bottle. You could also just put everything in a small soft-sided cooler, but my guess is that if you have the foresight to keep a freeze-thing in the cooler, you wouldn't be forgetting the bottles in the car anyway.

We drink everything (except milk) warm. IME, if we're thirsty, we're thirsty and it doesn't matter if the water is room temp, warm or ice cold!

ThreeofUs
05-23-2008, 12:21 PM
Honestly, even the neoprene sleeve didn't work for us.

We bought a reusablebags.com small, soft-sided cooler (the size of a lunch cooler), and we pop a few freezer packs or frozen juices in with our water. Now *that* works - finally!

bubbaray
05-23-2008, 12:38 PM
The Foogo containers will keep water cold all day. FYI, though, the sippy (not the straw sippy) leaks like crazy! I only use it for water for that reason. I wouldn't buy the Foogo sippy again.

Could you use small icecubes in your Sigg? I have a super small icecube tray that works for the sigg. Regular size ice cubes fit in my KKs.