PDA

View Full Version : Is Parsol 1789 a good choice?

mykidsmom
05-23-2008, 03:50 PM
I have always used Baby Blanket with Zinc/Titan Oxide on my kids but I recently bought Ocean Potion Gentle with Parsol 1789 and then realized it was chemical sunblock vs a physical tpye. Should I return it and stick with the physical sunblock for my 18month and 3.5 yr old?
Thanks!

bubbaray
05-23-2008, 03:51 PM
Try it and see. Both my girls react to anything with Parsol or Avobenzone. Which pretty much rules out all chemical sunscreens.... Sigh.

mykidsmom
05-23-2008, 04:03 PM
Are chemical suncreens safe? I have heard that physical sunblock is best??

bubbaray
05-23-2008, 04:10 PM
My DD#2's pediatric dermatologist is fine with them, on a trial and error basis, over the age of 6m. She told me it really depends upon the child whether or not they can tolerate them. Both my kids have super SUPER sensitive skin and DD#2 has/had severe eczema.

I've tried Coppertone Spectra 3 (which is now discontinued in both Canada and the US) and that worked great -- but I can't find it anywhere and I've confirmed with Coppertone that any stock would be from last year. Coppertone Waterbabies gives them both eczema. I'm trying Banana Boat right now (its chemical, but has no Avobenzone) and Neutrogena Sensitive Skin (which is physical). If neither of those work, I'm going to try Weleda Kids sunscreen, which is physical.

Good luck!