PDA

View Full Version : Marathon Fabrics/Price

The Review Mommy
05-23-2008, 08:05 PM
Hi! :)

Its time to buy some Marathons for the twins. I've been price shopping and it looks like babycatalogue is selling some for $219! I want to choose a nice soft fabric for a boy and a girl (twins). I know the cowmooflogue would be a great choice (but I'm really not into it lol). What are some good choices? How about the New Denim? Any one seen the Trellis Couture? Its for sale at Albeebaby for $249.99 but not sure how soft it is. I dont want one like the Onyx. MIL has that one and its too scratchy IMO.

TIA!
Rebekah

Tondi G
05-23-2008, 08:20 PM
I had a cow RA and it was SOOO soft! I miss it! Our Marathons are the old Stormy pattern... just a plain grey and they are comfy enough. My neighbor has a brown with a houndstooth pattern down the center and it is quite soft.

Albeebaby has some decent priced MA's too

http://www.albeebaby.com/britax.html#top

The Review Mommy
05-23-2008, 09:08 PM
I'm looking at the trellis on albeebaby. I havent seen the stormy or houndstooth around. The choices I keep seeing are:
New Denim
Brownstone
All Star
Onyx
Cowmooflouge
Granite
Crocodile
Tan Swirl
Mariposa
Trellis Couture
Can anyone tell me if you've seen/felt any of these?

kep
05-23-2008, 09:52 PM
We have the CowMoo and the Granite. The Granite is softer IMO than the CM. They are both super soft and wonderful, though. I also hated the Onyx, and I dislike the Couture seats. I love the nice soft ones. :)

o_mom
05-23-2008, 09:54 PM
Mariposa is a courdory, I think. Not a really hard courdory, but some texture.

Granite is kind of nubby - it has some texture, but still soft.

Cowmoo is soft, oh so soft. :)

Onyx has some nylon, windbreaker-type material in it on some seats, but I'm not sure about the Marthon in particular.

New Denim is smooth, like denim.

Trellis is a Couture, which are like upholstery material, so think 'nice couch' texture

mom2binsd
05-23-2008, 10:21 PM
We have All Star in blue..a soft fabric, pretty blue and love the sports theme...DD has Ashley Floral...also very soft...we also have New Blues...it's a very soft denim...lighter than the New Denim...it would be good for matching seats as it's pretty gender neutral....mine is 4 1/2 years old been washed many times and just gets softer..kind of like a great pair of jeans...we also have Tan Microdot...boring but soft..and an extra cover in Onyx that a friend gave me...not my fav but it's great to throw in the car on trip.

traciann
05-26-2008, 03:11 PM
we have a cowmoo and ashley floral. Dh wanted the cowmoo and I have to say once I saw it in person, I wish that I had bought two of the same seat. The ashley get sooooooo dirty quickly because of the light color.