PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Marathon due to accident.

lilycat88
05-23-2008, 11:02 PM
Susanna and I were rear-ended tonight. She's fine and I'm just sore because I saw it coming in my rear-view mirror and tensed up. It was a hard enough hit that I'm going to replace her Marathon. But, what with? She's 4 next month and currently on the next to highest harness slot on the Marathon. She just went through a growth spurt and the harness is RIGHT at her shoulder. Borderline for moving up. She's 36 lbs. and about 40 inches tall. I went out and purchased a Nautilus tonight that is destined to be in my parent's car but I'll be using it until I find out what the insurance company is going to do about replacing the seat (I'll replace regardless) and decide what to replace it with. She's also in a Marathon in DHs car. Thoughts?

Thanks,
Jamelin

bubbaray
05-23-2008, 11:34 PM
So sorry to hear about your accident, but hopefully you'll both be OK. :hug:

I'd probably get a Frontier.

Did you both go to the dr??? I'd recommend you document a visit to the dr, just in case.... Don't worry about the ins. co, if they give you grief about the seat, ask them for a letter of indemnity. Also, make sure you tell them the seat was occupied.

Emmas Mom
05-24-2008, 12:01 AM
I'm not familiar with all insurance companies but they should replace it for you....especially since the seat was occupied. I've been in Claims for 12 years & both the companies I've worked for have always replaced occupied car seats. I'd call the claims rep & ask about it. They should give you the full value of the Marathon as if you were going to replace it. Then you can take it & get whatever you want. If they want to reimburse you for a new seat (and need your receipt first), ask about replacing it with what you're looking to get & explain your reasoning...see what they say. I'm with Melissa & am loving the look of the Frontiers right now too. :) You don't have to go to the doctor to make an injury claim but if you are hurt you should definitely go.