PDA

View Full Version : Monach/Parwkway/Recaro Lite

carryingandstrollingabout
05-24-2008, 10:28 AM
Hi! I'm back after a couple of years of being happy with my older daughter's Parkway. I just went to order a Parkway for her little sister. What happened to the Parkway!?

It seems that the Monach is the new Britax booster to have. Does anyone have an opinion on:

That headpiece looks huge in the picture. Is it huge in the car? Is it overwhelming to a child? Are those headwings like the old bodyguard that lots of kids couldn't deal with? Will those headwings overlap into the middle seat?

How wide is seat compared with Parkway?

It says back can be removed from base. Is the connection between base and seat secure so that it does't snap off?

I like Britax, but if that Monach isn't going to work out, how is that Recaro Lite? I heard the straps aren't good, which means a child probably couldn't buckle self?

Also the Jane: The latch is a nice idea, but can it safely be used in a car that has no latch? Seatbelt enough? Or is it specifically for latch?

With all this confusion, I'm tempted to buy a Turbobooster. Is that actually less safe than the expensive seats? Probably...

Thanks for any insights you may have!!!