PDA

View Full Version : AHH!! I made her mullet worse!

LarsMal
05-24-2008, 02:15 PM
Oh, poor sweet DD. Why didn't she just keep the clip in her hair like I asked?

No, instead she insisted on pulling it out, letting that crazy blonde hair hang in her eyes, which was making me nuts. So what do I do? I decide to just give her a "little" trim so that the hair isn't IN her eyes. But, oh no!! What do I DO?!? I cut WAY too much, and not only that, I cut too far to the side so now she has a serious mullet.

It's so bad! I'm embarrassed to take her out in public! I even though, "I'm not going to tell DH and we'll see if he notices." The man wasn't even out of his car after work last night and I could see the expression on his face. He got out of the car and looked at her, then me, started laughing hysterically and said, "What the H*LL did you do to her?!?!?"

I don't know what to do! I guess I'll take her for a haircut and get the back cut up a bit to match the front. I'm not going to attempt that on my own. Sucks, too, I wasn't planning on getting her a real haircut until she was 2. My mistake!

We used to joke that she looked like Chris Farely. Now she really does! And that line in my siggie about her mullet, that was when it was just a little bit like a mullet. Now it's the full-on deal.

I have to get some pictures so I can show her when she's older.

Sorry baby girl!!!

fortato
05-24-2008, 02:17 PM
You soooo need to post a picture.

LarsMal
05-24-2008, 03:26 PM
You soooo need to post a picture.

I took a bunch today. I'll see if I can upload a few later.

It's hard to get the full effect, though, because her hair is so blonde and thin.

Poor kid!

beachmoms
05-24-2008, 07:21 PM
OMGI I am laughing so hard my side hurts. Post pics! Please!! Poor little one. No matter what I am sure she is still adorable,,,,,,,,still.....LOL!

bubbaray
05-24-2008, 08:51 PM
I'm sure she's still cute, but yeah, we need pictures!

LarsMal
05-24-2008, 09:00 PM
Stupid photobucket won't upload my pics. What else can I use?

ha98ed14
05-24-2008, 10:05 PM
Snapfish, Shutterfly, or my personal fave, Picasa by Google! Google gives you tons of space to store pics.

dr mom
05-24-2008, 10:16 PM
Try Shutterfly. We gotta see the mullet!

stonecali
05-25-2008, 01:12 AM
I subscribed to this thread as soon as I read it this morning - I gotta see this.....

LarsMal
05-25-2008, 02:04 PM
Okay, I finally got a couple uploaded! I've probably built it up so much that it's going to be a letdown, but I still thinks it's pretty bad!

The second one is HUGE! Photobucket wouldn't let me size it.

Enjoy!

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/CJLM/DSC_4667.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t180/CJLM/DSC_4665.jpg

tnrnchick74
05-25-2008, 02:24 PM
Very cute! Yeah...it's a mullet! But its still cute!!!

StantonHyde
05-25-2008, 02:45 PM
Oh my!! That is such a mullet :-) I would definitely seek professional hair cut assistance on this one. I think they are going to have to even up the bangs and cut the back shorter. Thank goodness she's a cutie. But you might want to dress her in pink for a while if you are concerned about people thinking she is a boy :-) Thank goodness she is at an age where she does not care!!!!

g-mama
05-25-2008, 03:11 PM
Oh wow! She is *totally* darling, but I have to agree, it's a mullet. I think you need to call in the professionals for this job. And the back will almost definitely have to be cut shorter to de-mullify her. What a cutie.

pb&j
05-25-2008, 03:20 PM
Business in the front, party in the back.

Awesome! ;)

Seriously, it's definitely a mullet, but it's not the worst ever! And it's surrounding a darling little face.

MamaMolly
05-25-2008, 04:23 PM
Awwwwww! What a cutie!

OK it were me I'd pick up the bangs on one side and slap a big old bow onto her head. Or even do half pony tails on either side. It will keep the bangs out of her face and hide the ...mmm...trim. And I'd put bows on the ponies. I cut DDs bangs too thick and this is what we are doing through the very slow and painful grow out process.

Bows hide a multitude of mommy haircutting sins!

bubbaray
05-25-2008, 04:26 PM
Awwwwww! What a cutie!

OK it were me I'd pick up the bangs on one side and slap a big old bow onto her head. Or even do half pony tails on either side. It will keep the bangs out of her face and hide the ...mmm...trim. And I'd put bows on the ponies. I cut DDs bangs too thick and this is what we are doing through the very slow and painful grow out process.

:yeahthat: Bows & Barretts!

What a cutie pie!!! :)

LarsMal
05-25-2008, 07:11 PM

Awesome! ;)

Funny! When I showed DH the one of her on DS's bed he said, "Well, when you put that in the monthy album (that I email to friends/family) you'll have to simply title this one 'Business in the front, party in the back'"!

LarsMal
05-25-2008, 07:13 PM
Awwwwww! What a cutie!

I have to go buy some bows! It's not too bad if the bangs stay swept to the side. That only really happens if it's wet, or greasy from sunscreen! She's just going to have to learn to keep a clip/bow in, and I think I'll take her in to get the back trimmed up. Then she'll look like she has a bowl cut! I've learned my lesson!!!

fortato
05-25-2008, 07:14 PM
She is soooo rockin' the Femullet!!

She's adorable, but you need to promise to put the scissors down....

Can you get her a weave or maybe a little toupee??

ha98ed14
05-25-2008, 09:41 PM
I have the opposite problem of a mullet with DD's hair: The top grows, but the sides and the back do not. If I don't do something with it (bows or barrettes, she looks like she wearing a bad toupe (sp?). Anyway, my solution is the fountain head look, which I think would work for you if you cut the back short.

http://bp1.blogger.com/_p5JlC0g78oo/SDoQ-8ce98I/AAAAAAAAAJs/CcjE8f66Z_8/s1600-h/One+Year.jpg

If I were you, I would cut the back sort and pull the top into a little pony on top of her head, even if her hair is fine, it looks long enough to get a little fountain going, and then put a clippy bow in it. Hopefully you will be lucky and the top and back will grow out at the same rate :)

Wife_and_mommy
05-25-2008, 09:56 PM
I have the opposite problem of a mullet with DD's hair: The top grows, but the sides and the back do not. If I don't do something with it (bows or barrettes, she looks like she wearing a bad toupe (sp?). Anyway, my solution is the fountain head look, which I think would work for you if you cut the back short.

http://bp1.blogger.com/_p5JlC0g78oo/SDoQ-8ce98I/AAAAAAAAAJs/CcjE8f66Z_8/s1600-h/One+Year.jpg

If I were you, I would cut the back sort and pull the top into a little pony on top of her head, even if her hair is fine, it looks long enough to get a little fountain going, and then put a clippy bow in it. Hopefully you will be lucky and the top and back will grow out at the same rate :)

She is SO cute!

Wife_and_mommy
05-25-2008, 09:58 PM
She is precious!! What did you do!??? Yes, she needs bows...sorely needs bows. :ROTFLMAO:

amandabea
05-25-2008, 10:20 PM

Awesome! ;)

She is just so cute even with the mullet! It'll grow quickly, though -- I'd probably do the fountain pony or get it cut to tone down the party. I cut my DD's bangs a few months back and she totally looked like Chris Farley -- her hair is even closer in color to his. It was sad, but it grew and she looked much better after a few weeks.

LarsMal
05-26-2008, 08:47 AM

She's adorable! And the "palm tree" as I call it looks so cute on her. Definitely has the fountain look!

I can't find a photo of it right now, but last time I tried that with her hair the pony stuck STRAIGHT up. There was no "fountain" about it. More like a geyser, shooting straight up in the air!

lizajane
05-26-2008, 09:33 AM
first of all, she is precious and if people think she is a boy, who cares.

second, i think you need to do a dorothy hamill. my friend cut her DD's in a dorothy hamill bowl so she could keep growing the front to meet the back (her hair was fine and wispy). she just kept cutting the back straight off and kept letting the front grow down to meet it. the little bowl was precious on her and feminine. and then you just stick a bow in the bangs and sweep to the side.

try bows with some kind of sticky stuff on the inside. i make mine with the rubbery stuff that you use as no slip shelf liner so that kids can't just pull the bow right now. and then you just keep putting it back in over and over until she gets the idea...

ha98ed14
05-26-2008, 12:34 PM
She's adorable! And the "palm tree" as I call it looks so cute on her. Definitely has the fountain look!

I can't find a photo of it right now, but last time I tried that with her hair the pony stuck STRAIGHT up. There was no "fountain" about it. More like a geyser, shooting straight up in the air!

LOL! Well, in that case, follow Liza's plan and get her a Dorothy Hamill. That cut is cute even if you aren't doing it to hide a botched haircut.

Also, a tip on bows/ barrettes. Do not be deceived! Even the ones that say they stay in do not. The only clippy type barrettes that I have found that actually stay in are the brand called "No Slippy Hair Clippy" The tag is pink with black pin stripes. They are over prices, sold in baby boutiques or on-line, but that are all that I have found that actually holds the hair back and stays in. The other ones work if I put in the fountain and then put the clip at the base of the fountain, over the hair band, but then it is the band that is holding the hair, not the barrette. Anyway, just a suggestion.

kijip
05-26-2008, 02:28 PM
Cute! I was going to suggest a bowl cut as well, it will all grow back in no time.

stefani
05-26-2008, 10:50 PM
So adorable!