PDA

View Full Version : Compass True Fit vs. Britax vs. Triumph Advanced

zag95
05-24-2008, 06:57 PM
Hi-Does anyone out there have any thoughts on a Compass True Fit? I am thinking about options for my mom's car- as she does daycare for us. She drives a Volvo wagon.

Daughter is 14 lbs and 25 inches at 4 mos old- We are leaning toward a Britax Marathon as our daughter will be tall and we want to have a car seat that will grow with her-

I have also read about the Triumph Advanced- but they seem even bulkier than the Britax models!

Recommendations would be welcomed!

Thanks!
Andrea

lorinick
05-26-2008, 11:54 AM
No knowledge about the True Fit. BuT I do have a Britax BLVD which is the same size as the Marathon and a Evenflo Advance. We like both seats. How often will the child be in Grandmom's car? Both The Evenflo and Britax are tall seats DS is tall that is why I choose both of those seats. Evenflo is quite bulker than the Britax. But Evenflo is cheeper and with them changer colors even better deals.

new_mommy25
05-26-2008, 02:53 PM
I bought the True Fit for my MIL to keep in her car and it's really nice. A lot of Britax like features at half the cost. The harness adjuster is really nice, much nicer than the Boulevard.

lorinick
05-26-2008, 05:47 PM
I bought the True Fit for my MIL to keep in her car and it's really nice. A lot of Britax like features at half the cost. The harness adjuster is really nice, much nicer than the Boulevard.

I've never seen the the True Fit in person but what makes the harness adjuster so much nicer than the BLVD.? which is the same adjuster as the Marathon. I think it's pretty easy. What makes it so much nicer?

o_mom
05-26-2008, 06:24 PM
One of the big cons I have seen listed on the TrueFit is that the harness adjuster is very low, which makes it hard to access when rear-facing. There is also some confusion about what the allowable install angles are for rear-facing. Some of the Compass/Learning Curve folks are saying it MUST always be 45 deg and never more upright. That makes it not quite as useful for extended rear-facing, but it is still not a firm decision from LC about this. I have a feeling that the merger and it being a new seat means that the manual wording and CSRs are not all on the same page. Also, the straps are twisty compared to a Britax, but not horrid.

On the plus side, if your mom would be using it from birth, instead of an infant seat, the removable headrest is a big plus for fitting it in a car at a 45 deg angle. If she is going to be using your infant seat (extra bases are $40-ish ), then a Marathon would be about the same from a features standpoint. It's a very nice seat, but not anywere near half the cost. They retail at $199 and you can get a Marathon for $209.

new_mommy25
05-26-2008, 11:32 PM
Sorry, I meant the adjuster that you use to change the harness height. On the Marathon you need to manually re thread straps. On the Boulevard you crank a little knob which can take a while if you are going all the way up or down. I have both seats and neither of those are a problem but I wanted something easy for my MIL, who has three grandchildren aged 2, 3, and 4. The harness height adjuster is changed by just pulling out a knob on each side and raising and lowering. It's also easy to install which is another plus for my MIL.