PDA

View Full Version : Compass Premier or Vivo?

jdtoyou
05-24-2008, 07:11 PM
Well, I've narrowed my booster choices down to the Vivo (very comfy looking) and the Compass Premier. I would like the Vivo, but I'm concerned about some of the comments made about getting the belt to fit properly ect ect . For those that have or tried the Vivo, is it really that big a deal?? If it is, I'll just go with the Compass.

Thanks ;)

postmodernmommy
05-25-2008, 12:48 AM
We don't have this exact car seat, we have the older Recaro Young Style. They look similar. As obnoxious as it sounds to type this, we've owned or still do own the following booster type seats: a Compass B510, Parkway, a Safeguard GO, a Graco Turbo Booster highback and the Recaro Young Style. If given a choice every single time DD will choose the Recaro, even though its belt path is a bit tricky because you have to push it down through the arm rests to get it properly secured. She says its the most comfortable. The Compass didn't work out for us, the cover ripped the first week we had it (giraffe pattern) and it was a bit wide for DD. I, though, LOVED the arm rests that flipped up (making it easy for buckling in) and the fact that the seat folds making it easy for travel. The thing I've learned with boosters is that every one fitted my child differently.

HTH!
Amy :)

jdtoyou
05-25-2008, 01:03 AM
Thanks Amy! Wow....that's impressive? (J/K). Women and their booster seats ;) Kinda like us men and our golf clubs!

Well, we wont be using it for traveling so it will be sitting in the Odyssey full time. Vivo looks like a comfy seat! My daughter is into getting strapped in good so I'm hoping the extra effort to get the belt right won't be a big deal to her. I'm really leaning this way now, especially after your comment about the Compass ripping.

Justin