PDA

View Full Version : Is Port Orleans - French Quarter scary for toddlers?

jjordan
05-25-2008, 07:07 PM
My mil is planning a big family trip to DW next January. She is deciding on which resort to stay in and thinks POFQ sounds best. EXCEPT that from the pictures, it looks like the decorating might be a bit scary for our dd, who will be 2.75 at the time. She's asked us to look and see if we think dd will be scared. But really, it is impossible now to tell what will scare her 7 months from now! Any input? Thanks!

Jill

egoldber
05-25-2008, 08:31 PM
I can see where some kids "might" be scared, but I wouldn't worry about it. My DD didn't even notice the decorations like the Mardo Gras masks in the food court.

beachmoms
05-25-2008, 10:52 PM
My brother stayed there many times with 4 young children. Ages 1+-4+ and they never ever were scared. I dont think it should be a worry. Have fun!

jjordan
05-26-2008, 10:25 AM
Thanks for your responses. It really helps!

(I edited my original post for a typo.)

Jill

klwa
05-27-2008, 12:47 PM
Well, we stayed at PO-Riverside & went for a walk through FQ's food court. DS freaked out pretty badly at the masks. He also freaked out any time we saw a mannequin in a store. (This was at 2 1/4.) Characters he had no problem with, but the scary "men" bothered him badly.

jjordan
05-27-2008, 01:45 PM
Thanks Kris. It is the masks that look like they have the most potential to scare a toddler! Honestly if it were up to me I'd just suggest we stay at Riverside to be safe. But apparently mil thinks that the bus situation is better if you stay at FQ because the buses stop there first. I don't see where that would make much difference... but we aren't paying so we pretty much are going to go along with what they want! And, I guess, hope that dd doesn't get too scared!

Jill

egoldber
05-27-2008, 01:50 PM
POFQ and POR share buses. They stop at POFQ first and then go to POR. If its a crowded time of year, that means you get a seat at POFQ and may not at POR. Also, coming back from the parks, you are first off. There are several stops at POR, not just one, so it can be several more minutes on the bus being at POR.

POFQ is also a much, much more compact resort. Pretty much every room is only a couple minute walk to the food court and bus stop, which is definitely not true at POR. POFQ is by far my favorite moderate resort.

jjordan
05-27-2008, 09:24 PM
Thanks Beth - as long as dd isn't scared we should be fine there. I can definitely see the bus thing being a big advantage during a crowded time of year, but we're going in January so I don't think it would be a problem. Anyway... so far dd doesn't have a lot of things she's scared of, so we'll just cross our fingers I guess!

Jill

klwa
05-28-2008, 01:30 PM
We went MLK weekend this past year. We always had a seat on the ride to the park, even staying at POR, just made sure we got on at the main stop at POR, closest to the food court, etc. On the ride back, we sometimes didn't have seats, but that's luck of the draw whichever of the 2 resorts you stay at. And you can fairly easily walk up to POFQ if you start really having problems with the buses. (The day we wandered through POFQ's food court was because DS had to go potty NOW, so we hopped off the bus at POFQ & then walked back to our room at POR.)