PDA

View Full Version : Radian Install Help

Piglet
05-25-2008, 07:24 PM
I just got the Radian (Princess cover... ooohh) and am having a really hard time with the installation. I wasn't expecting to have problems - I have always gotten awesome installs in my 2000 Mazda Protege. I am trying to get 3 across, so that is part of the problem, but the biggest issue is the RF angle on the RN - when I try to install it outboard, the angle is WAY more than 45 degrees. I am trying to install it super upright and then using the tether for achieving the right angle, but whenever I get it in tight, the seat is way too reclined. I can get it in okay when I install it in the centre seat, but it really pushes the driver seat (DH is 6'2" and he fits, but the angle of the seat changes everytime we adjust the driver seat). The good news is that if I can get a good install on the Radian, we have 3 across (FF MA, RF RN, Parkway) in our compact car and can drive into work without spending a fortune on gas!

My questions -

1) what am I doing wrong - why am I getting such a flat recline angle?
2) I know that the Radian can be braced by the front seats, but is it a problem if the angle of the seat changes with each change of the driver seat. The seat doesn't move at the seatbelt, only at the head angle.

Thanks!

Piglet
05-27-2008, 10:25 AM
BUMP - anyone?

bubbaray
05-27-2008, 10:30 AM
I've never installed our RNs RFg. Are you using the extra part that goes under the seat RFg? I"ve seen them RFg in other vehicles and they always looked more upright than my MAs

Joolsplus2
05-27-2008, 10:55 AM
It depends on the squishiness of the seat... a hard seat will make that bugger REcline...I can't even install it RF in my Escape and drive in front of it...it could be in the middle but DH complains his elbow whacks it. It's a little more (not much more) upright in my van, but I have more space in there, anyway :(
It's ok if it moves a little with the front seats as long as it's staying tight at the belt, so you should be ok, IMO. Keep the tether a little looser (not slack, just not too tight) so you don't have any problems or make it recline too much.