PDA

View Full Version : Wish me luck!

tnrnchick74
05-26-2008, 02:03 PM
Well, my Mom and I are about to go out and install my baby's new Safeseat1 in her 2005 F-150 "super truck" in preparation for the trip to the hospital tomorrow (scheduled c-section).

I'm pretty sure that we can't use the LATCH in the center of the back seat, but if not we will use a seatbelt install. Mom is also going to get a police officer friend of hers to double check the install before we put Parker in it for the first time!

I guess I'm being overprotective, because I want to SEE the install and help and not just rely on Mom doing it by herself before we bring Parker home. I know that after my c-section I won't be in any condition to mess with the carseat!

Why is it that carseat installs make me so nervous?? I know the SS is easy to install correctly, but I guess because its such an important safety feature I get a little nervous!

If we have any problems, I will take pics so you experts can help!

tnrnchick74
05-26-2008, 04:08 PM
Looks like we got it pretty easily!

Joolsplus2
05-26-2008, 08:38 PM
I think Ford and Graco both allow center installs borrowing outer LATCHes, but not for HUGE distances (over 20 inches...i know the center of the explorer is 23...)...and the seatbelt is a breeze and a half. So it all went ok?

tnrnchick74
05-26-2008, 08:46 PM
The supercab F-150 does NOT allow for center LATCH except for top teather...according to the manual she had! We used the seatbelt - it's was easy-peasy! Super tight install & I feel very comfortable about it. She's still going to run it by her police officer friend, but I'm good with it!