PDA

View Full Version : Preschooler in an infant seat!

lilycat88
05-26-2008, 09:22 PM
I just saw a preschooler in an infant seat. In the realm of "Are you freaking kidding me..." We were leaving Walmart today and up pulled a car next to ours. I thought to myself, "wow, that kid isn't strapped in tight enough" because I could see her leaning forward and looking out the window. I was also surprised about how quickly the dad was able to get her out of the car. Out hopped a kid only slightly smaller than Susanna (abt. 37 lbs and 40 inches). I looked in the car as I was getting in my car and was absolutely stunned to see an infant seat with all the straps removed. It was forward facing with the handle all the way back against the back of the seat. It was just sitting in the back seat of the car and he was using the seat belt.

I swear, I'm going to pre-print some notes to leave on people's windshields. I didn't have anything to write with or I would have left a note.

tnrnchick74
05-26-2008, 09:26 PM
I just saw a preschooler in an infant seat. In the realm of "Are you freaking kidding me..." We were leaving Walmart today and up pulled a car next to ours. I thought to myself, "wow, that kid isn't strapped in tight enough" because I could see her leaning forward and looking out the window. I was also surprised about how quickly the dad was able to get her out of the car. Out hopped a kid only slightly smaller than Susanna (abt. 37 lbs and 40 inches). I looked in the car as I was getting in my car and was absolutely stunned to see an infant seat with all the straps removed. It was forward facing with the handle all the way back against the back of the seat. It was just sitting in the back seat of the car and he was using the seat belt.

I swear, I'm going to pre-print some notes to leave on people's windshields. I didn't have anything to write with or I would have left a note.

STRAPS REMOVED??? WTH is the POINT of THAT!!!! SOME PEOPLE!!! That should be a referral to DCS in my opinion!

o_mom
05-26-2008, 10:06 PM
Wow - just wow. Some people have no clue.

DrSally
05-27-2008, 09:53 AM
Wow........

Joolsplus2
05-27-2008, 11:12 AM
:duh: :32:

karstmama
05-27-2008, 03:17 PM
i know what you mean... i worked in a recovery room and had an outpatient we were getting ready to go home. it was late in the day, and his gf & baby (3-4 months) had waited for him all day. they were both clearly head over heels about this baby, just loved him...

*but*!!

were SO clueless about babies! she fed him skim milk when he was hungry (since the guy's surgery started later than planned) instead of either bringing enough food for a baby for a day to begin with or going to the walmart 4 blocks away in the car she had the keys to. when leaving, they put his infant seat in & just slung the seatbelt over it. i was torn up...i knew they weren't trying to be uncaring or cavalier, but they just didn't know what they didn't know. i said something about it working better with the base, and they didn't take it badly, but i still wonder if i should have called cps. just so they could learn - i really think they were just ignorant in the real sense of the word. argh! 2 years later, and i still worry about this.