PDA

View Full Version : Frontier in Odyssey 3rd row?

jennifer_d
05-26-2008, 10:20 PM
First off - have long been dazzled by the knowledgable, helpful spirit of these boards! Hopefully you can be patient with my summary. :)

DS1 is 4 [40 inches 36 pounds]. DD2 is 2 1/2. DS3 is 5 months. We are moving DS2 out of his infant seat. He will be going into a roundabout - the roundabout that has been DD's seat in DH's car [I'm a SAHM so 2nd car use is generally weekends]. DS1 has a marathon in the 2nd car which we will shift for DD's use. [both the older kids have marathons in my Odyssey]. That leaves us seeking a second seat for DS1.

So I learned about the Frontier from the boards, which seems great. We were leaning against spending the $ for another marathon with DS already 4, but felt conflicted about putting him into a booster seat [although there would be a convenience factor for carpools or a playdate - but I don't want convenience to trump safety]. The Frontier seems so great we would put that in the minivan and move his marathon to the 2nd car. [As opposed to buying a booster to use in the second car].

My only question is fit. DS1 currently sits in center of 3rd row of Minivan. His Marathon fits there just fine - so can I presume the Frontier will work there as well?? [I'm assuming I cannot load 3 in a row in the 2nd row - and I dunno I would want to as need baby on one end and fear they would all poke each other etc at such young ages.]

Thanks for any feedback!!

Jennifer

Joolsplus2
05-27-2008, 11:01 AM
I think it'll work... the Regent fits great without the recline bar with the long belt path in that car/position, so the Frontier should be fine, i'd think.