PDA

View Full Version : Nerves!!!

tnrnchick74
05-27-2008, 07:30 AM
Ok, not really a "bitch" but just a vent. I'm leaving for the hospital in about 30 minutes for my scheduled c-section today at noon. I thought I was ok. I got SOME sleep last night. But I get in the shower and start throwing up. I KNOW its just nerves.

Logically and intellectually, I should NOT be nervous about surgery. I know exactly what the process/procedure is. I'm an RN. Needles don't bother me. The "scariness" of the OR doesn't bother me.

I'm MORE than ready to be a mother. But its a huge, life-changing event.

I'm entitled to be a little nervous right? It would be weird to NOT be nervous, right?

Ok - just wanted to get that off my chest. Going to pack up the laptop, finish packing the rest of my toiletries, and get ready to meet PARKER!!!

egoldber
05-27-2008, 08:50 AM
It's major abdominal surgery. It's the birth of your child. I think you're entitled to be nervous. ;)

I hope all goes well and you're holding Parker soon.

elephantmeg
05-27-2008, 09:14 AM
yup-BTDT. It will be fine. But as a nurse you know too much YKWIM. I was a little nervous too but going into it knowing how it all goes makes it easier. Good luck! And happy b-day Parker!

ThreeofUs
05-27-2008, 10:58 AM
'Sokay. It's normal and healthy to be nervous.

gatorsmom
05-27-2008, 12:37 PM
As I type this, you are probably in the middle of your surgery or holding Parker right now. Hope all went well and you are wondering why you felt so nervous (it's sooo normal, btw. I get more nervous with every c/section I have and I've had 3).

Happy birthday, precious boy!

karstmama
05-27-2008, 03:10 PM
i'm so thankful he's coming at term! i think your nerves are justified, especially with all the other distractions in your life right now.

(i was an cnm / l&d rn having a 25 3/7 weeker by section. i was so scared i totally zoned for months.)

ellies mom
05-27-2008, 08:41 PM
I know it is a little late since Parker is here but I'd have been more concerned if you weren't nervous.

Becoming a parent, even in the best circumstances is scary. But you will be a splendid mom.