PDA

View Full Version : I hate ticks.

gatorsmom
05-27-2008, 12:33 PM
Yick. Why do they have to exist at all? Do they really do that much for the food chain/ecosystem? I'm sure the other warm- blooded mammals out there don't care much for them either.

I pulled 6 of them off my 2 boys this weekend. Fortunately, they hadn't started to burrow in. double yick.

dr mom
05-27-2008, 03:28 PM
I hate the ticks here, too. DS had three of them on his head and neck last week, and one in his EAR! :eek:

g-mama
05-27-2008, 03:36 PM
I hate 'em too. I had to use the tweezers to pry one out of my dh's uh...privates...this weekend. Can you imagine how scared I was? He woke me up at 4am because he felt something strange and went to the bathroom to check it out.

s7714
05-29-2008, 01:03 AM
OMG I hate those things. My DH (city boy) didn't grow up around them, so he thinks my family was overly paranoid when I talk about strip searching for them as a child. Ugh, it still gives me the chills to think about specific instances when I'd find them on me while we were camping or fishing. (((shudder!))) I agree they are one species I wouldn't be heartbroken over if they ceased to exist!

pastrygirl
05-29-2008, 08:30 AM
I'm a city girl (well, I used to be) and am totally freaked out about this tick thing! I can't believe that I have to check daily even if we're just out on the lawn. Ewwww!