PDA

View Full Version : Chrysler T&C latch anchors????

jmac588
05-27-2008, 12:48 PM
I have a 2003 Town & Country Limited and am using the LATCH anchors for the first time. They are deeply embedded into the leather captain's seat. The owner's manual says almost nothing about the LATCH, except there is a drawing of the seat back reclined to expose the anchors. I found info on another board that said the chair had to be clicked back 3 positions to use the LATCH. I did that, but the anchors are still so deep in the seat that there doesn't see to be any way to latch anything on to them. My DH is a strong guy and simply can't get the anchors or the seating around it to expose enough of the metal to hook anything on. You can see the tops of the metal anchor but there is no way to get anything underneath them.

I bought a Jane Indy Plus booster with LATCH and it came with 'guides' but even the guides can't hook onto the anchors because there is really no way to get anything under them. That's how embedded they are. We've pushed and pulled and tugged and I feel like anything else would rip the leather seats.

Has this been the experience with anyone else's T&C? I've seen pictures of how they are supposed to look, and mine don't look like that.

I think I'm going to have to return the Jane and get a booster that doesn't LATCH.

all together ooky
05-28-2008, 10:37 PM
I have a 2002 and have had no problem using the lower anchors. They're pretty easy to get to. BUT, I don't have leather seats. That's really strange there would be such a difference. Now I'm curious. Anyone out there with leather seats???