PDA

View Full Version : Alpha Omega Elite

siegellb
05-27-2008, 05:55 PM
We bought this as a third seat for my MIL's car. I can't figure out how to get it to recline when it's rear facing. Since DS is almost a year old, I am probably going to install it forward facing, but I can't quite figure out how to lace the LATCH tether to secure it that way v. rear facing. Is it really that complicated or is it me? We have Britax Marathons for our cars and they were simple-maybe I should just get a third one and save myself the trouble (but spend more)?

Joolsplus2
05-27-2008, 06:34 PM
Nooooooo! Don't turn it FF just because it's a pain RF. Really, you want to keep kids RF till about 2 unless they outgrow the weight limit before then.

Anyway, yeah, it's kind of a whole different system from the MA's :(.

The LATCH belt is just on a short strap, you have to figure out what side it's anchored on, and then thread it through the RF belt path under the cover. It can be really helpful to remove the base entirely on that seat, and you also don't need to recline it to that full 'recline' line on the side, it's fine to be more upright for an older baby. If you can return it, you'd probably be much happier with another marathon or an Evenflo Triumph Advance, both of which harness considerably longer (usually to at least age 5, which is the minimum to go to a booster), than the AOE with it's low 40 pound limit and shortish top slots (even the top headrest position is extremely dangerous when used with the harness...this seat is just not user friendly :( )